My Boxer full suspension with Morini

GoldenMotor.com

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
This is my Boxer bike
purchased locally on Craigslist for under 300

... the bike needed some work when i got it.
-i had to repair a broken throttle cable and cable insert by the throttle grip
- repair tank leak
- true rear rim spokes
- clear out the flooded engine
- repair exhaust leaks... by the manifold and somewhere on the frame were the exhaust goes trough the frame
- i might need replace brake pads and bleed brakes
- still need to replace m clutch fluid
- also figure out whats not letting me cruise smoothly
- still haven't identified which Morini model is it.

Attachments

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
buy the looks of the plug wire coming out of the side and the sha carb i'd say it's a 5.7 hp. btw i'm no morini expert

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
It prolly has a shorter rear shock? on it than I am running.. The forks are definitely shorter in travel. Yeah that is A S6T. Still a good deal! Does not look like it has a scratch on it? The rear sprocket looks bran new.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
I honestly didn't know what a boxer was until I got this one.

No I haven't ment any one by that name or bike, but I bet that bike was awesome.

AND I FINALLY GOT TO CRUISE SMOOTHLY! It was definitely a fuel delivery problem... Figured it with then help of Goat Herder, thanks a bunch.

Is their any ways to get a little power out of it? Like possibly making it the 6 hp lol

Also what is a good ratio for, I have yet to count the number of teeth my current sprocket had, but I fell like it's geared a little high.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I honestly didn't know what a boxer was until I got this one.

No I haven't ment any one by that name or bike, but I bet that bike was awesome.

AND I FINALLY GOT TO CRUISE SMOOTHLY! It was definitely a fuel delivery problem... Figured it with then help of Goat Herder, thanks a bunch.

Is their any ways to get a little power out of it? Like possibly making it the 6 hp lol

Also what is a good ratio for, I have yet to count the number of teeth my current sprocket had, but I fell like it's geared a little high.
Welcome to the BoXer club! (^) I have revved my Morini's to extremes and they only love me more for itdnut

That gearing might be a little high for the street. I run at prolly around 9 HP? at my currant altitude, with a 52 tooth rear for the street here, Puts me at roughly 40 plus MPH Wind Or Hill Groceries Or all three and very quick to max speed every time.

Need to get a 4 peddle reed valve ''Carbon Fiber'' .. Last a PHBG carb or something similar around 19/21mm. This will let more air in and bump up the compression a lot more too.

Have had the head and jugs off my S6S and S6T the pistons, jugs, and heads are all identical. Save the ignition systems are different..

''''''Your best bet!! PM. Here. This is where your BoXer came from, the source creators of your bike!! http://motorbicycling.com/member.php?u=69'''''

PM Easy Rider to get Deans custom intake manifold for the PHBG carb series down there at sea level you can getup to 10 plus H.P? Also will need to get his thoughts on the S6T ignition with the carb upgrades? I know he tried some things.

This is their build thread.. http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=3160

These up grades are a bit expensive tho.. A true genuine Morini 3 shoe clutch or a after market hole shot clutch is a upgrade too to handle the power efficiently . http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=35700 Folks have reported breaking the two shoe clutch..

Or shoot just run her stock?

Here is another post that explains what I have seen.. Replying somewhere else ..
My S6S with a larger 21mm phbg Dellorto may be running higher compression than stock with just the carburetor upgrade. Reason I say this is because I have peaked inside my S6S 9.4 hp. and my S6T 5.8 hp.

Their heads jugs pistons,stroke etc look identical. The only difference are their ignition, smaller carburetor and smaller reed valves. What I want to say is just by making these breath a little better raises the compression because a bigger breath of air is more air to compress. Like turbo charging a car.

The S6T 5.8 I have came with a very restrictive reed valve ''single wall 3 peddle medal '' and a very restrictive small bore carburetor. ''looks like a dime hole in the hind side view'' Verses a 4 peddle on two walls carbon fiber and now a 21mm hole view..

S6C INTAKE Reed valve w/4 flaps in crankcase COMPRESSION RATIO 15,5 +/- 0,5 : 1
S6S INTAKE Reed valve w/4 flaps in crankcase COMPRESSION RATIO 14,5 +/- 0,5 : 1
S6T DISPLACEMENT 49,8 cc INTAKE Reed valve w/3 flaps in crankcase
COMPRESSION RATIO 12,5 +/- 0,5 : 1
Here is a picture of the manifold I was speaking of that Pipelyne makes for their BoXers. . The metal clamp in my picture supports a ho-made intake silencer for mine as the larger carb and matching reeds let more noise out. One can make this manifold too. Not too hard mebbe with some imagination? Here is another link on that thought. http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=35117 I just use Deans my self..

Check out this guy's Videos on a Morini lol. It will give you a Idea of sea level potential performance. I like the way the camera came out in this one. http://youtu.be/r0bz7PbQ1LY http://youtu.be/dQXnw2IMQ08

I scored his 21mm carby in had in the wheely video Ha Ha.;)

Last edited:

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Thanks for the links, good info.

Yea I was happy with my bike figured out it was something with my float and a dirty filter screen. Got the confidence in opening up carb after disassembling my china girl carb and putting it back together lol

I just order the hotter plug today, got a NGK replacement for the stock carb
And I'm waiting on belray oil as none of the local stored had these items

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
One more thing.
I was looking at the sprockets on the agk website that bolt on to disk brake hubs... Would those also work on the my boxer hub?
I wasn't to sure as know the hub is custom manufactured and idk if has the same bolt pattern

Or where do u source ur sprockets from?

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
that video show's you how to make friend's with the local police. tow/impound co. judge and all the other people you pissed off. the more people that ride like that the quicker our hobby will disappear just watching that make's me want too...change his way's. really how long would you last riding around like that? better off showing the boxxer's at the track. thank's dennis

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
that video show's you how to make friend's with the local police. tow/impound co. judge and all the other people you pissed off. the more people that ride like that the quicker our hobby will disappear just watching that make's me want too...change his way's. really how long would you last riding around like that? better off showing the boxxer's at the track. thank's dennis
You are absolutely right folks should not be terrorizing society ever. It is kinda sad that he never made videos at a track or something. However it does show what the little Morini can do power an speed wise. I expected the op wanted to know what his options are?

I cruise mine around 20 mph most of the time. It is nice to simply twist the throttle a bit further and feel the power when the situation is appropriate. I do not condone this type of public riding.

how to make friend's with the local police. tow/impound co. judge and all the other people you pissed off. the more people that ride like that the quicker our hobby will disappearlaff

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Finally got my belray oil, had to buy it online and get it delivered to my house cause i was tired of running around town looking for it. Came in a big'ol box, i taught sweet this is gonna be worth all the trouble cause its a big container of oil.

I have been wanting to change the clutch oil since the day i got cause who knows when it was last changed.

I was also nervous to find out what kind of clutch i had, whether i had the the stronger 3 shoe clutch or the weaker two shoe clutch. ( would of meant more $$$ cause i want the 3 shoe) :-||

drained the oil trough the philips screw, making sure to keep track of all the gaskets and screws

oil came out a dark glittery grey. lifted the cover, some more oil spilled all over my hands and shop floor.
But when i saw what i wanted to see, that beautiful three shoe clutch with still plenty of life left in the shoes dance1 dancing time

gonna finish up changing the oil tomm when i get the torque specs and proper oil levels or volume off my pdf on my ipad

one more thing off my to do list for this bike and then its riding time with a sense of responsibility xct2

Attachments

NormDogg

Apr 19, 2012
Eastpointe,Mi
does anybody know if kenda k838 slicks are good tires? and also i'll be ordering a new sprocket adapter.which sprocket is best for speed and which for hill climbing? thanks! Norm