My bike after about 1K miles on it.

GoldenMotor.com

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
I have cleaned the bike up a little and have done some upgrades from when I first completed the project. This is the finished product until I can figure out what else to replace or add. Here are some of the specks:

BIKE: Schwinn Jaguar from Target
MOTOR: BoyGoFast 80cc (66cc actual size)
SPROCKET ASSEMBLY: Live Fast Motors
SPROCKET: 40t
CARB: Dellorto 15.5 SHA with size 60 jet
SPARK PLUG: NGK B5HS.
SEAT: Trek Saddle

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Beauty. The "Orca" saddle looks great. What is that big piece of cast metal around the center of the rear hub?

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
Beauty. The "Orca" saddle looks great. What is that big piece of cast metal around the center of the rear hub?
That's the Clam Shell Adaptor from Live Fast Motors. Your sprocket is installed to that rather than the the spokes. The preasure is then on your hub.

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
Thats a fine looking bike. Ive never seen a hub mount before. I have just pasted 500 miles on mine and slowly making it more dependable replacing the weak parts as they go out. Good riding to you on your next 1000.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I'm impressed!.........
One thing you can do that looks cool & is functional, is to put to put the grip-twist shifter on the left side of the handlebars. .bf. dance1

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Sweet Bike Ebmvegan!
The only thing I can see is adding a front drum brake.
I like the way you hooked up your rear sprocket.

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
I'm impressed!.........
One thing you can do that looks cool & is functional, is to put to put the grip-twist shifter on the left side of the handlebars. .bf. dance1
I've actually been contemplating whether or not I would do without the derailer and cut the chain shorter. This would eliminate one more cable from the bars. But you can not djust the rear wheel on this bike so you cann't get the chain tensioned right. I guest I could install a chain tensioner on that side. But it may add too much. Darn.......too many more adjustments!

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
Sweet Bike Ebmvegan!
The only thing I can see is adding a front drum brake.
I like the way you hooked up your rear sprocket.
Thanks! I was thinking of adding a drum brake.......but funds got short . Once my baby girl arrives and funds are little more stable then I'll see what I can get.

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
Keep the gears! (they come in handy)
Moving the shifter to the left also evens-out the look of the cables... .kick2
I thought about their function and usefulness. But I have the chain set at the middle gear currently and it has helped when I needed to "help" the motor. I haven't moved it once. But, you are right. Since I've got it, it's just one more thing I have just in case.

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
Thanks Easy and Texas. The girl is due Feb, just after taxes. But atleast the wife has already commisioned a motorized bike for herself. Once she has recouped, she wants to join in on the fun as well. The wife's pic is my avatar.

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
cool photo is this your first child? and have you been working on a name? Children are such a blessing. Our first was a boy. I was working 16hrs 6 days a week and eating penut butter and jelly sandwiches and tap water for lunch every day, just to make ends meet back then. But it was a struggle that glued me and my wife together. She was my childhood sweetheart and we been together 40 yrs and married 34. Im not saying we did not have our fights. But I am now enjoying my grandchildren and have gotten closer to my kids then ever before. Life is good. May God bless your family as much as he has mine.

videoradio

Dec 14, 2008
san diego
your bike is awsome.now i know how im gonna build my bike.are those differnt bars or are the stock ones turned upside down.im taking a lot of note from your bike.love the style.also congrats on the child coming.my son just turned 4yrs old.

jason

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
your bike is awsome.now i know how im gonna build my bike.are those differnt bars or are the stock ones turned upside down.im taking a lot of note from your bike.love the style.also congrats on the child coming.my son just turned 4yrs old.

jason
Thank you. The handle bars were flipped upside down. I tink it gives it more of a classic look. You will want to change the stem and neck if you are planning to place it on a Target or Walmart bike. It may break as you are placing more weight on the bar with it lower due to the leverage you get. Also your turn radius is limitted but only when you are rolling your bike. Also make sure that it clears your legs. Tell your son Happy Birthday and happy building.