Looking to buy a new carb

GoldenMotor.com

Mossy

May 20, 2022
My guess is all the drag from the 420 chain and the charger is holding it back from opening up plus it's heavy... Heavy everything and the restriction... A larger sprocket might help overcome the drag... I would just live with it if the carb/ intake swap doesn't do much if anything... As long as you can out run headless zombies ;)

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Have to agree with Larry... those carbs are the worst!!! I would use a stock NT carb over that POS.

Also... You've made your bike so overly complicated that you're going to have a very difficult time figuring out what the real problems with it are! (let alone asking one of us to figure it out for you)... :(

I can make any bike with a stock 2-stroke kit go about 40 MPH with simple modifications, like port matching, pipe drilling & carb jetting.

You might consider starting over with a new engine kit? IJS

Reactions: Testname111

Testname111

May 20, 2021
Its weird same carb on a normal 49cc engine goes same speed? Only difference is that the Athena bigger piston gets he up hills better and gets up to top speed 25mph same speed I'll test my own ideas I guess, thank you guys

Testname111

May 20, 2021
Hmmm I think i member something about this carb sucking I think I will switch back to nt carb,I just like the rungtung cuz easy no tuning

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
If you don’t have a compression gauge you can get a loner at Autozone, most stores have a tool program where you pay for the tool then get refunded when you return it.