LOL,Affordable Go Karts (AGK) shipping charge

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Here's something all buyers should consider...

Most companies (including mine) will only ship parts using expensive shipping methods that have a tracking # because it's a very common scam for buyers to say they never received the parts & start a BS payment dispute (which the seller always loses) if there isn't a tracking #.
Then the seller loses his parts (& the money).

So that's why shipping on even the smallest parts is a minimum of $8 :(

malatious

Sep 23, 2014
Riverside, CA
Just find a few other parts that you want or need, and order them at the same time. It makes the shipping a little more justifiable. I don't mind paying shipping every now and then, especially if it helps support a local business.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Here's something all buyers should consider...

Most companies (including mine) will only ship parts using expensive shipping methods that have a tracking # because it's a very common scam for buyers to say they never received the parts & start a BS payment dispute (which the seller always loses) if there isn't a tracking #.
Then the seller loses his parts (& the money).

So that's why shipping on even the smallest parts is a minimum of $8 :(
That's right on, Norm. You want or need the part, pay the shipping. Cheaper than time and fuel to go get it. If you wait for a bundle, you're money ahead. This hobby is so affordable that shipping expenses should just be absorbed by the member as part of the overall cost of having fun. I regularly pay shipping to keep from driving across town, and usually find something to add to my order making it more worth while. And like malatious says, if you can help a business keep it's doors open, they'll be there next time you need a part, large or small. It takes time, material, and payroll to ship even the smallest part. So, suck it up and keep riding.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
If you want cringe worthy shipping stories you should live in Canada. It costs us nearly a $1.40 Canadian for every U.S. dollar we spend. Then the $15 dollar shipping charge in the U.S. is $55 U.S for International shipping U.S.P.S..

The $200 U.S clutch cost $375 Canadian with the duty. I'm not complaining in the least and it's worse if you live in Europe or Australia or New Zealand. This is simply a comparison. I'm thrilled to to be able buy the parts.

Email the company and ask what the charge is if you buy all the springs you need. When I buy multiples of one item quite often they reduce the shipping cost and if they don't they are pocketing the extra shipping charges.

eBay shipping is ridiculous. They have Pitney Bowes shipping and they pack every fee they can onto the shipping if it's going international shipping. I just tell the sellers that I want it shipped U.S.P.S. or I'm not buying if they ship through eBay. That way the shipping costs are reasonable.

Norm is 100% correct of course. No proof of the goods getting there and the seller is on the hook and even then a determined crook will still on occasion win even with a signed for package..

Steve.

Last edited:
I always get a better price and usually free shipping when I buy form EBAY vendors. I also always get a tracking number. Usually the items are shipped by USPS priority mail or 1st class unless they are heavy, then they ship by FEDEX or UPS and this takes a few days longer. . Its not uncommon to get the Item within 3 days of the order. Example: Max Torque SS1058 clutch $36.95 and free shipping and it arrived 3 days later Priority Mail. Yes, I know the shipping cost are included in the purchase price.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
I ship a lot of parts and find my web site shipping calculator is not always accurate. I will get emails from time to time with people asking why it's so much. I make changes where necessary. Maybe just send an email to AGK letting them know the problem.
Pat

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
We sell those green springs for $9 I think, shipping won't be much but it'll be at least $6 or 8 bucks for one fkin item. Sorry mods don't mean to advertise, not my job description anyway.. Just this once.
cambriangokarts.com