King's motor ripoff

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I ordered a 80cc got a 48cc they said they would give me a $20 credit I emailed them last Thursday got no response today I called them and got a razzle-dazzle the person you need to speak with is not in today try back tommorow. THEY scewed up the order why the heck they did not give me credit on my visa is beyond me I shoulda disputed the whole darn sale and made them ship it all over. Here's their number maybe they can tell you why they do business like this 877-354-3733

I saved every email to and from them and magically the one that says they was givin me a $20 credit is gone. They had me take pictures of the motor before they did anything only after I threatened to dispute the charge on visa. Apparently they do not understand the concept of the fact it takes $10 of advertising to overcome $1 of negative reviews.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Turn it over to your credit card company and have them dispute the sale. Just let them know that what you ordered is NOT what you received and odds are they'll dispute the entire payment.

Buddy

Jul 7, 2009
Ogden, Utah
Definitely take it up with the credit card company. I've had to file claims a couple of times, both times it was taken care of in a very reasonable time with little effort on my part.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
There was a lousy $10 difference in price the other $10 they offered was due to bad service from fed-x and plain old wrong order filling. I am fairly happy with the grubee engine kit. It has been more than 30 days since purchase now not sure the limit but I'd still just like to get the refund and get past it. There can't be much money made on these things and they do support this site. Believe me this post is the last thing I wanted to do but folks ought to know what caliber of business someone is doing.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Well I guess they just don't care about bad publicity they ignored both emails I sent them. Maybe they know their days are numbered with the new regs in 2010? I've heard alot of shops are shutting down over there may just be rumor?

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
PIRATE CYCLES!!!!!!!!!!! NEED I SAY MORE!!!!!! IF he messed up he would send u a new motor before u even shipped his back he is the man u guys will figure this out someday

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
i've bought a few kits from kings, the only good thing about them is they sell the jet 80 kit, the jet 80 has proved to be the most reliable with the best performance of any kit i have built. but some have came with missing parts and bad kinked clutch cables, kings absolutely will not back up there products, i don't even think they see them, droped shiped from some where else. you get what you get from them and thats it.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Just so we all know who we are dealing with when I called to place an order with these folks they asked what web site I was ordering from...the box inside the shipping box (which was just a skin tight cover box) said gasbike.net
If you look at both web sites they look pretty much the same so I got to believe they are wouldn't do biz with either of them even if their price was way lower.
From email receipt:
Please Note: KingsMotorBikes.com is owned and operated by Nationwide Access, LLC and that
your credit card company will charge your card from Nationwide Access, LLC not KingsMotorBikes.com.

Riding Rich

Aug 14, 2009
pa
Yes kings and Gasbike are the same.
They sent me the wrong motor before and gave me only $10.00 credit.
I still have that credit but i wouldn't buy even a gastank from them.

I agree Fly By Taco.

I just got the PK 66 limited slant from Pirate.

Justin answered every e-mail and every phone call promptly before and after i bought the motor.
In fact he was tied up with a much more important situation yesterday and he still took the time to contact me.

I ended up getting the Black motor insted of the silver and Justin offered to ship me a new motor with a return UPS label. ( he wasn't even asking me to pay the shipping).

The color wasn't that important to me so i told him not to worry about it I am very happy with the motor i got.

You won't believe whats inside that PK Limited.

I tore it all apart to inspect everything and man i am surprised.
I will be posting a thread about this PK80J.
I have lots of pics and this thing is brand new so theres no dirt in the way.

It just goes to show how important it is to keep guys like SBP / RockSolid / Manic Mechanic/ and Pirate Cycles in buisness.

Nationwide Access, LLC deals with alot more than our HT motors and they seem to care less.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
You probably be ok just if you have a problem get with visa early I think you have 30 days to dispute a charge. I waited cause they said they were gonna give me store credit obviously they lied.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Well these guys take the cake haven't replied to any of the emails I sent. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits (Johny Carson)

chopperjoe

Nov 15, 2009
bourbonnais il
had same problem, new motor had leaking float, said will get one out asap, waited 2 weeks called again, they apoligized and said would get out right away, waited another week i called back said sorry again, finally after 1 month i got the parts. checked my email thurs. another message saying parts are on ther way, guess i will have a spare..

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Sounds familiar they told me the person in charge of issuing credits wasn't in please try and call back tommorow...what a bunch of cheap liars they are.

Zenoptic

Nov 18, 2009
Knoxville,tn
.duh..duh.I recived an email. they do not have my RAW kit and offered to upgrade (their words) me to a grubee kit at no extra charge. I told them to cancel my order. (Thanks to this thread) They have not charged my account and I will be watching them closely...

Riding Rich

Aug 14, 2009
pa
Exactlly
they woulda sent you the other motor without even talking to you.
They don't care.
Thats what iv'e found