It's getting old

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by fishguts, Nov 5, 2010.

1. silverbear

silverbear The Boy Who Never Grew Up

Barely said,
    "..and no fishguts, "super moderators" don't get capes, we learned pretty quick that capes & bikes get along WAY too well... I suppose we could wear tights with our undies on the outside, but then we'd be mistaken for spandexers OMG"

...trying to picture you guys in your tights with undies on top, flowing capes, masks and SM emblazoned on your chests is amusing, but hard to do while drinking my morning coffee. Such images such come with a warning beforehand so readers don't inhale coffee while laughing. I think your mutant tadpole and 2door's trike are perfect super hero motorbikes. May I suggest matching colored cowboy boots to make the package complete?
    SB

2. BarelyAWake

BarelyAWake New Member

Well... in a sense you may be right, but really, it's not that we actively discourage it - more that much like the OP, we see it a bunch & given that almost every person that's ever built an MB has considered going into business... we jus' kinda wait and see what comes of it. Add in the fact that beyond the ready availability of goodies to purchase we're really not interested at all in the business end of things, it's up to the vendors to figure that out - we're primary a forum for the hobbyist, not such commercial interests.

Rest assured that the vendors (not all even being active members) do in fact use our forum quite a bit already, researching viable products and their market - but honestly... such can be actually quite cutthroat, profit margins are narrow or considered a "ripoff" so it's best to not discuss costs publicly, unique products often copied directly or indirectly - sometimes even before it can be copyrighted or even if it already is, ideas offered freely sometimes taken and used for profit w/o even an acknowledgment... even with such a fun niche market as this - business can be a nasty business lol

So while we don't discourage for-profit product R&D, the vendors themselves may not be willing to be as forthcoming - their base interest as a vendor is in fact sales potential, as it needs to be with any business. While the two aren't mutually exclusive - their goals are somewhat different than the average hobbyist, while we're here to assist one another as much as possible, businesses are usually primarily interested in helping themselves... in that light, publicly posting new ideas can be seen by them as hazardous not helpful.

So while we don't discourage it, I don't think it's a very popular concept beyond the occasional exception - an individual with a a new business or a mere refinement of a product already available for example.

silverbear - Please note that the staff of motorbicycling.com cannot be held accountable or liable for any loss of, or damage to your breakfast items. We have no connection to, nor have any bearing on, any or part of the lolz specifically alleged to relate to comments made herein or the consequences that may or may not be resultant.

:D There's spam afoot - off to the bikecave! .wee.

3. silverbear

silverbear The Boy Who Never Grew Up

SM Barely said,
    "Please note that the staff of motorbicycling.com cannot be held accountable or liable for any loss of, or damage to your breakfast items. We have no connection to, nor have any bearing on, any or part of the lolz specifically alleged to relate to comments made herein or the consequences that may or may not be resultant.
    There's spam afoot - off to the bikecave! "
    You know, you often request pictures and now I am. Can't wait to see pictures of you outfitted and riding off from the bikecave on your mutant tadpole. Don't forget the cowboy boots. Numerous photos are requested. 2door, this goes for you, too. Can't wait! You guys spend too much time in the shadows. We want to put the spotlight on you guys as people to emulate both in deeds and stylish outfits, too. This could be a trend. With business potential, too (just to keep this within the spirit of the original post). This may lead to another sub category, Fashionable Attire.
    SB

4. WildAlaskan

WildAlaskan New Member

one thing i beleive is getting old are the false advertisments cough cough sponsers cough

i just recently saw one advertising 50mph in there website header but come on 50mph yeah right or some claim higher hp ratings for the same motor kit or higher top speeds
    and they dont actually say this grubbe kit does 50 but it is misleading

but what ever i guess if business is bad enough you can always start lying

5. Goat Herder

Goat Herder Gutter Rider

http://images.craigslist.org/3oe3p73l05O65S25R1a8r754fce9a8d1a140e.jpg :p Sorry could not resist..;)rotfl