interesting experiance, trying to blow up a china girl motorized bicycle !!

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by rogergendron1, Nov 21, 2013.

1. rogergendron1

rogergendron1 New Member

Re: interesting experiance, trying to blow up a china girl !!

ok back from a ride ....

i have no proof of speed although i realy did try !!! i taped a gps to the bars and tryed to video it with my phone but its too dark and the screen just looks like its all blury and u can not make out the numbers .

so here are the stats any way if you wana take my word for it ...

i got her up to 36.7 mph top speed i saw on the gps so far tonight and most riding was on lvl ground. so engine gear ratio is 4.1:1 and with a 44t drive ratio is 4.4 to 1 and 26 in tires at 36 mph is 8,556 rpm ... not bad

i was riding along and all of a sudden i lost power big time !!!!! i was going 32 or 33 and all of a sudden BBBWWWWWAAAAAA.... its like its not getting enough gass and dropping in power rappidly !! ohh yeh i thought here comes the bang so i brace myself and nothing happens.... i just slow my ars down to a put put and shut it off. i give the motor a look over and low and behold the air filter broke off the carb !!!! lol the rubber piece that joins the filter part to the ruber carb conector seperated from the vibraton ! i guess it wont run correctly without the air filter ! for the life of me i coul d not find it so i putted home lol

time to order a nerw CNS ccarb air filter

any one know where to get one ?

sick bike parts has a 90 deg one that looks nice but will it fit the CNS v3 ?

ohhh and i promise a video when its light out lol i hope i can rig up a makeshift air filter untill then

#21 rogergendron1, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  2. rogergendron1

rogergendron1 New Member

just checked my bike over and damn it .!!! my rear hub is worn bad !!! lol its catching in a spot and gripping the tire so it wont spin freely and there is drag on it all the time , but not enough to make it so i cant pedal it it just makes it hard to pedal and is prob limiting my speed .

i may get a new air filter and swap my rear tire out to a free wheel or just swap the motor on to my diamond back mt bike until i get a new hub

i guess a cheap wal mart 100$ beach cruiser hub cant stand up to 30 - 40 mph speeds for weeks strait ! ROFLAO !!!!

i think the break syst inside is compleatly worn to sht and gripping the hub

man she sounded like she was crying lol

well i am going to ride it no air filter and worn hub and all until it blows lol !!!

had it up to 36 mph and 8,556 rpms with no filter and a hub thats locking up !!!!

man she sounded like she was crying lol

#22 rogergendron1, Nov 21, 2013
  3. rogergendron1

rogergendron1 New Member

alright guys i pulled the chain off to see if it was just the motor catching via unadjusted clutch.....

nope lol the hub is DESTROYED !!!!

i cant even spin it by hand in some spots ! it will spin by hand hard in some spots then catch and i need a mule to free it !!! i cant believe i got the bike up to 36 mph with that mutch friction holding it back !!!!! i took a video of me spinning the hub and i am up loading it now also i am taking pics of the new bike its going on.

4. rogergendron1

rogergendron1 New Member

video of the damage to my rear hub, the motor chain is disconected

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RAERghxXX4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOok9OCKVNw

lol the bike is blowing up before the china girl !

ok i am srsly starting to doubt most peoples speed claims here on the forum, lol it seems like a lot of people claim 40 mile an hour out the box with a stock motor or even that there x,y,z brand engine does 9,000 rpms stock lol well i srsly doubt that because in order for a stock motor and sprocket to reach 40 mile an hour on a 26 in bike it would have tobe powerfull enough to turn at 9,000 pluss rpms !!! i highly doubt that any stock motor will send you down the road at 40 mile and hour and 9,000 rpms on a 44t rear !!!

i mean i have MAJOR port work and nearly 13 to 1 comp with a modded piston, a 16mm carb and perfectly port matched intake and exhaust and a custom x chamber and 40 mile an hour is at the verry top of my speed margine here, i call fubar on those claims ! my bike is nearly 3 times more powerfull than it was stock and there is no way those guys would keep up with me on a stock motor !!! NO WAY !!!

i mean i am trying to break this thing by reving it to the max and holding it there and my speed is 36 -42 depending on the weather, heat, and road !

#24 rogergendron1, Nov 21, 2013
  5. dodge dude94

dodge dude94 New Member

You burnt the grease out of the hub. lol

6. Intrepid Wheelwoman

Intrepid Wheelwoman New Member

For services above and beyond the call of duty this China Girl engine is awarded the Intrepid Medal.

Attached Files:

7. rogergendron1

rogergendron1 New Member

awsome !!!!

i feel like a king !

8. rogergendron1

rogergendron1 New Member

ok here is my piston ... you can see how its running and the port ramps i made, also you can see the skirt cut 1/4 in on the intake. it has been holding up to this abuse quite well i would say .

also the puch head, it has some carbon build up but seems just fine and the plug looks good.

Attached Files:

9. rogergendron1

rogergendron1 New Member

ok here is my port work and jug

you can see the intake has been ground to a D shape and hogged out as far as i dare

the exhaust is ... well ... just huge lol.

i ground it out to an offset D shape and i can fit my thumb through it !

the cylinder wall is pretty good considering the abuse i have put it through for the last 3 weeks lol some glazing and a lil bit of scoring but still useable

the piston has some blow by where the rings close together and where the exhaust port is but thats to be expected espesialy with sutch a large exhaust port.

its all going back together and on another bike untill i get my trike rear end and new hub

Attached Files:

10. rogergendron1

rogergendron1 New Member

the new bike its going on is a diamond back outlook 26in 27 speed mt bike with IRC Advantage Pro tires (sort of like a 2in version of the maxis hookworm)and shimanno Paraliax hubs and shimanno derailers with cantilever breaks, strait aluminum bars and aluminum goosneck and clamp with aluminum break levers.

11. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Active Member

No kidding!

12. rogergendron1

rogergendron1 New Member

ok i did some transfer port modding to try aand open her up to getting more fuel at higher rpms .

i was looking at high rpm chainsaw motors and thought i would copy the designe.....

thought i would give the open transfer port a go ! this way there is no restriction at all, the port opening is the same size as stock so i did not alter the timing but the opening is bigger than stock and will flow a lot better this is because the stock transfers have a 2 step casting at the opening. they have the opening for the correct timing then it steps down with sharp 90 deg angles to the actual port and then goes down a skinny triangulare shapped tube with ruff edges to a miss matched case opening. now my motor has a wide open transfer so the skinny tube through the jug is all gone and there is zero restriction getting to the top of the piston and the steps are gone and a nice clean ramp angled up is in its place, i also took the liberty to angle them tords the middle of the chamber and back tords the intake. the piston is ramped to open the port even more, so hopefully i will be looking at some serious rpms and top end power ! i dont care how much low end i may or may not have lost i am looking for all out high rpms to try to blow this thing up !!!!

my goal is to get to 45mph and or over 10,000 rpm's before it blows ! all on a stock 44t rear sprocket and 26 in wheels.

here is a video of the mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGLouFs15jM

in the video i say 93,000 rpm lol i meant 9,300 rpms

Attached Files:

#32 rogergendron1, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  13. rogergendron1

rogergendron1 New Member

ok here are some more views of the ports i hope to get high enough rpm's to blow my motor with .

as you can see the transfers are much larger than stock, as in deeper and wider and thicker even though the opening is the same size. this is because the side wall is gone and all the space it took up is now available for fuel flow leaving only the side of the piston itself as a restriction and even that has been minimized and smoothed out by cutting raamps for flow.

the timing is set so the intake is open almost .4 in before the exhaust is fully closed, this is due to the massive cut in the skirt coupled with the deep porting on the bottom of the intake port itself. i am hopeing that opening the intake as soon as possable will help suck as mutch fuel in as possabl. why open it before the exhaust is closed ? well the upward stroke of the piston at high rpms creates a suction that can start to draw fuel in even before the exhaust closes of and it works much better with an exhaust tunned for this. though it cant work if the skirt is in the way lol.

Attached Files:

14. rogergendron1

rogergendron1 New Member

i just made it to work and good god the rpms are insane ! She will def ho pretty soon lol i lost all botom end but my god the top end ! The top end is limitless !!! Lol

Well i cant say too much yet i ran her to work using a cut piece of sock as an air filter lol its super restrictive and causes boging when i twist the throttle but if i turn it slow i can get uo ti speed real quicj and she screems now ! .

I dont think she will hold up to thease rps for to much longer

15. Intrepid Wheelwoman

Intrepid Wheelwoman New Member

!st April, 2045.
    Today the emergency services had to intervene when an elderly man with a long white beard made an attempt to ride an old motorised bicycle that according to the neighbours he had dragged out of his garage that morning.
    When questioned the elderly man would only say, 'She's gunna blow, she's gunna blow......'

16. rogergendron1

rogergendron1 New Member

vid of the rpms i have been riding at or close too for the last few weeks lol it sounds like a chain saw at WOT !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE_OAqeAGW8

i have yet to make a vid of me riding but i cant quite figure out how to video, ride, and show speed, all at once lol

#36 rogergendron1, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  17. FFV8

FFV8 New Member

With your mix at 21:1 they can be hard to hurt.

You are making 40:1 fuel by adding 3.2 ounces of oil per gallon. Then you are adding 1.5 ounces of high grade synthetic (Lucas) per half gallon, which brings the blend up to 6.2 ounces of oil per gallon, or 20.64:1

High performance Karting engines run between 16:1 ~ 24:1 Plenty of oil will keep a 2 stroke alive under very harsh conditions. A chainsaw of similar stroke will turn 13,000 rpm @ WOT for most of it's service life.

18. Russ McClay

Russ McClay New Member

19. bluck

bluck Member

Did it ever blow??.xx.

20. TheNecromancer13

Maybe you could get it to go faster and blow up if you used 110 octane racing fuel?