I saw you...

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I finally saw a Whizzer, being ridden in Tucson. I followed the dude a couple blocks until he realized he was being stalked. After introducing myself, we talked about Whizzers and I gave him this site's name etc.
He said he actually had three Whizzers.:D

(^)COOL(^)

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
this morning i got into a bit of a race against a guy on a DIY weed whacker bike and i won :) he had a 31 CC Ryobi on the back of a Schwinn point beach from walmart, he said he builds them for fun and has gotten them up to around 50-60 with a 49 (is that possible?)
With the right spindle possibly. My 31cc ryobi pulls my fat butt on a heavy steel cruiser frame easy at 16 to 22 mph hour on flats. If I weighed about 50lbs less I'm sure it would push me faster on the flats. I currently run a 1.5 inch spindle coated in JB Weld and sand. I was running a 2 inch spindle and I'm sure that thing could have pushed me around 30mph on the flats, but I've got too many hills in my area to run that thing all the time.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Three MBs so far today, and I'm only halfway.
A three-wheeled black thing with an "awning" top was parked at Sparks Cycle shop. That one may have been the same as the purple one a couple weeks ago.
At 8:20 or so a red road bike with a blond female rider was westbound on Pima at Rosemont.
At 1130 a red ten-speed with a dude was westbound on Grant at Alvernon.
:ride:

OSCAR383

Jul 22, 2008
WEST FRANKFORT, IL
Three MBs so far today, and I'm only halfway.
A three-wheeled black thing with an "awning" top was parked at Sparks Cycle shop. That one may have been the same as the purple one a couple weeks ago.
At 8:20 or so a red road bike with a blond female rider was westbound on Pima at Rosemont.
At 1130 a red ten-speed with a dude was westbound on Grant at Alvernon.
:ride:
so you gonna be in the same place at 8:20 everyday ;)

TwoWalks

Jul 13, 2008
Sonora Ca.
No I got a life...
rotfl

I have really enjoyed reading about all your MB sitings. In my town there is me and a guy that has a kit and is selling it. :crash:

My question is ... do you ever catch and talk to any of these folks? I think I remember once where you did ... you guys getting together and riding?

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Yes Twowalks, I've spoken to four riders so far.
None of them are interested in any socializing.
(One had a DUI history and was on a bike purely for transportation.)
The appeal of motorized bikes is partly due to their anonymity which also appeals to fugitives, flunkies, drunkies and just plain anti-social types.
But I'll continue to accost as many as I can.:D

Last edited:

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
At about 3:30 I saw a blue road bike with a two stroke being ridden westbound on Miracle Mile. The dude riding it had an orange "Igloo" cooler strapped on the rack.:ride:

TwoWalks

Jul 13, 2008
Sonora Ca.
Yes Twowalks, I've spoken to four riders so far.
None of them are interested in any socializing.
(One had a DUI history and was on a bike purely for transportation.)
The appeal of motorized bikes is partly due to their anonymity which also appeals to fugitives, flunkies, drunkies and just plain anti-social types.
But I'll continue to accost as many as I can.:D
Sounds like you could start a local group, with those qualifications:

Motored Bicycles Anonymous rotfl

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
This afternoon around 4:00 while riding my cruiser home from work I passed by a guy with what I think was a china girl bike waiting to make a left turn onto Broadway from Craycroft. He's got bigger cajones than I do getting out into the middle of all that traffic at that time of day! :eek:

For those that don't know both Broadway and Craycroft are major traffic corridors in Tucson. Lots of crazy cagers in a hurry doing stupid things with their vehicles. :crash:

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
I saw the black recumbant with the canvas top tonight around 5:30 at Broadway and Cherry. I like that thing! I may have to look into building one! (^)

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
I put this here because no where else would you folks would believe me. The cops that told me my tools had been found, came back with a warrant wanting to know where all my bikes and new motors were from. They walked away with their tail tucked between their legs. rotfl Life goes on. (c)

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Yeah, they wanted to know where they were from so when the chase the little kids around the park, they know where they got the goods from....a search warrant?!?

Come on.

Last edited:

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
At 3:30 this afternoon I was passed on my way home by a guy on a China Girl bike heading west on Speedway. I pulled out in front of him not realizing how fast he was going. :eek: I had just assumed it was a regular bike coming at me.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Re: I saw you...wrecked!

A motorized biker was struck and severely injured in Tucson today. The accident happened at Mountain and Silver. I hope rider's condition will improve, initially reported as critical.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Turns out the recumbent "reverse" trike goes by my house everyday. A big dude I think going to the Metaphysics World or the Glass Bottom head shop on Broadway...I think.
:D

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Yesterday, ( Friday) About 1:15PM A 2 stroke MBer was eastbound on Prince Road at Campbell. The black cruiser had chrome fenders and white sidewall tires.
Today (Saturday) At about 10:45 an electric (factory made) bike was northbound on Plumer at Broadway. Both bikes were piloted by dudes.
:bike2:

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Today at 1:15 PM a dude riding a red trail/mountain 2 stroke powered bike nearly ate my fender. He breezed through a stop sign at Seneca and Tucson Blvd. I was northbound and swerved into the southbound side to avoid him.
I didn't honk or yell or anything, he looked like he was already having a bad day.:ride: