I need help with Whizzer clutch slipping

GoldenMotor.com

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
The belts are not slipping. That`s why I bought the clutch, so that it slips instead of the using belts (all belt setups), the small belt on the power pulley going to the center pulley is the one that takes all the abuse for taking off at stops sign and hills. If you turn on power lightly in flats and hills specifically, take offs, it works.

The whizzer power transfer for all belt layout is the motor drive pulley to center pulley (its having 2 pulleys) and then to the sheave. After checking it out further I may be able to turn down (lathe) that pulley on the power take off side of the clutch going to the sheave. but sinces it getting better every day I ride I will wait until there is no more improvement and if still needs it.

Hoping that is gets a little better which would be enought as I would rather keep my 40+mph top end (if possible).
If it's getting better that means the pads are almost broken in
There is a burn in period with new clutches
To speed this up keep sanding off the contact area (glaze) on the pad until it works without slipping

Timbo

Jul 18, 2019
I purposely ride it in the mild hills to wear it in. I can top them at 30mph. and still hit 40ish in the level areas.

It is now working as good and same as other older model and I am happy with that.

Mossy

May 20, 2022
As a side note to clutches... Ventilating the drum with 1/16" holes in a symmetrical pattern will let the heat and gasses and dust out... On drum brakes it helps them dry out when wet also...

Mossy

May 20, 2022
on the perimeter or face?
On the surface the friction material rides on... The pattern is important to stagger the holes so there not all lined up and spaced out enough not to diminish the surface area... Like on ventilated disc brakes... Not just pumping random holes everywhere...

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
on the perimeter or face?
You can drill holes in the face or perimeter of the clutch drum if ya want.
I guess it helps but it's really not necessary and something that must be done

I've experimented with hole patterns in the clutch drum for cooling and pad dust
Just make sure your hole patter is even so it don't throw the drum out of balance

Actually Whizzer started putting holes in the clutch drum around 2008
Cruzzer Motorbikes has holes in their clutch drum too. so I guess they think it helps

The drum I'm currently running on my Whizzer has no holes it.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Mossy