Huffy Davidson WLA Build

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Rasps are usually used for wood. These are what your looking for.

Steve.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Keep up with the hand filing Danny. Fresh sharp files are a joy to work with. Worn , dull ones are a exercise in futility.
Unless you got a case of Lone Star to make the work more enjoyable.
Due deference to Steve, I would pass on power metal removal 1/4" shank burrs. Quicker than you can say Oh Chit!
And the cute metal needles the carbide burrs produce. Yer hide, brass poisoning is a real thing, I fear.
Tom

Nightster

Mar 3, 2021
Texas
Rasps are usually used for wood. These are what your looking for.

Steve.

Thanks for guidance Steve, obviously I needed some

Nightster

Mar 3, 2021
Texas

Attachments

Nightster

Mar 3, 2021
Texas
Keep up with the hand filing Danny. Fresh sharp files are a joy to work with. Worn , dull ones are a exercise in futility.
Unless you got a case of Lone Star to make the work more enjoyable.
Due deference to Steve, I would pass on power metal removal 1/4" shank burrs. Quicker than you can say Oh Chit!
And the cute metal needles the carbide burrs produce. Yer hide, brass poisoning is a real thing, I fear.
Tom
Well there is much filing still going on with my other build. And it is far far from perfect, but I think it’s strong and it’s looking better all the time. Just don’t look too closely, LOL

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I use them at a low speed and lots of cover up, Tom. Amazing how the little needles get thrown around.

I just bought an inexpensive 12"x18" electric power file from Amazon. That's what they called it. To me it is a small belt sander. I'm going to use it to sand the tri car front end for the Epic. It's a Wen and it was $61 Canadian. Harbour freight has them as well.

I have a pneumatic one but I don't want to run the compressor that much if I can help it.

Steve.

Nightster

Mar 3, 2021
Texas
So I was thinking of some floorboards/running boards but there would not be room with the pedals also.

so Being determined and having a good imagination, I have convinced myself I can add (to some metal pedals) some 10x4 rubber coated 1/8” steel floorboards. (p)

My calculations tell me it will work. Only problem I see is having the pedals sit upright when parked. The weight will automatically flip the floorboard upside down when not being used. Maybe I can create a little bracket to keep them up right when parked.

Nightster

Mar 3, 2021
Texas
Btw, did some late night shopping last night. Mail call will soon bring a seat, a BBR F2 thrust exhaust(need to put a fish tail on the end of it, lol), a double leg kickstand and a small led headlight that I will use for my blackout headlight.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
There was a period when pedal start was needed, but Harley and Indian by 1914 had positioned foot boards forward beyond the forward stroke of the driving pedals. Next year, Indian almost always technologically in the forefront, had a Left side kick start. Considering road conditions of the day.....
I think I would rather stand on the pedals to save the Prostate pounding. I was never accused of being a numb nuts. (^)