Huffy Cruiser Pics Finnaly Big Carb

GoldenMotor.com

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
Today it was 77* F here in Sunny Deland Florida so I took some pics of the Cruiser I hope you enjoy

This is a Walmart Huffy Cranbrook
Unknown Vendor 65.9cc HT type in frame kit
Big CNS Carb with Remote Choke
Custom 90* Intake
Custom made front engine mount
3 Brakes yep you read that right 3 front and rear caliper type and a Coaster
Retro style Speedometer

I am getting my seat welded up tomorrow so i will take more pics when it is finished

Let me know what ya think. .spr..bld..wee.

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Today it was 77* F here in Sunny Deland Florida so I took some pics of the Cruiser I hope you enjoy

This is a Walmart Huffy Cranbrook
Unknown Vendor 65.9cc HT type in frame kit
Big CNS Carb with Remote Choke
Custom 90* Intake
Custom made front engine mount
3 Brakes yep you read that right 3 front and rear caliper type and a Coaster
Retro style Speedometer

I am getting my seat welded up tomorrow so i will take more pics when it is finished

Let me know what ya think. .spr..bld..wee.
I wouldn't ride that thing to a dog fight......:)
Only kiddin' Huff. I love it. Those saddle bags look like you could carry a couple of six packs. I remember my first Huffy. 1961-62. It was yellow with a Sturmey Archer 3 speed box. I was just talking to an old friend last night from that era. He remembered bike races we had as junior high students. Our coach set them up on our school grounds. 1 mile/ best time. I finished third and was tired. (hehehe)
Love your bike. Hey, wouldn't it be cool to get every member of this forum together for a cruise? D**n, that would be neat.
Tom

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Wow Huffy, that is a nice bike. I really the way that engine sits in there nice and tight. Good looking ride.....................

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
and here is the speedometer setup nothing special just followed the directions

INSTALLATION TIP
Be patient while threading the cable the ends of the cable are "metal" but the threads on the other two parts are PLASTIC and will cross thread if your not careful.

Mount the wheel piece first.
remove the front wheel from the bicycle
take off the right side axle nut
slide the unit on
put the wheel back on the bike then spin the nut back on.
it will be a very tight fit but it will go.
then spin the outer nut back on it will not go on as far as it used to just make sure it is tight.

Next attach the Speedo Head Unit to the Handlebars Do not take the screws out of the head unit there are 2 little nubs that fit into the bracket.

Then attach the cable to the wheel unit look at the cable first it has an arrow showing up. Mind the plastic threads take your time

Finally attach the cable to the head unit again minding the plastic threads.

Last bit of advice on these is that the cable has a spinning inside so do not route the cable with sharp bends in it.

BTW make sure you get the right size unit they come in 20" and 26" if you get the smaller unit it will be about 7 mph slow.

Attachments

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
the infamous CNS carb

It is an upgrade from stock with a knock off K&N style air cleaner

The kit comes with new upgraded throttle and integrated kill switch a remote choke that mounts to the handlebars and a matching left grip.

Mine came preassembled.

the carb would not fit into the frame so i had a custom 90* intake made for it works fine.

Attachments

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
With that speedo, you have to modify the wheel piece if you have a quick release axle, or else you won't have enough axle to hook into the dropout on the fork. I just enlarged the hole with a dremel, then used a file to make the shape of the locknut on the axle. Just slid it right on and mounted the wheel up as usual.

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
the carb does make a difference in performance more thru the middle rpm range getting it adjusted is still hit and miss here with the temp changing 20-30* each day

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
I'll admit having a remote choke control would be cool, but I don't see why anyone would need to adjust the choke while riding the bike, honestly. That is, if you let the motor warm up before riding....

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
Updated Pics

New seat: Went with a chopper type of seat the post was too large so i stopped off at the muffler man and he cut the big post inserted the right size post and welded it up for me. Works great on the bike not sure if I like it yet but i got the seat used for 10 bucks and a 2 buck seat post with a $5 tip to the welder its ok if it doesn't work out

Cargo Basket: it is a small Wald brand rear basket. $30 at my bike store mounts up very solid and is wide enough for a 2 liter bottle

Petcock: had some trouble with the factory valve so i replaced it with one from the lawn mower shop. i would not recommend this type as it interferes with the frame.

Stock carb: Had some issues with my cns setup so for now i have gone back to the stock setup.

Cruiser 2.0 has reached speeds of up to 26MPH so far.

Attachments

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Robin
That is one cold looking place only thing that would make it look colder is if the shore and lake was froze solid and they had ice fishing hut out on the ice.
Norman

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
As promised here is a picture of the Nokian studded tires on my bike--you can see one stud missing--some were torn off due to an accident when my chain came off and wrapped itself around the rear spokes--it stopped me dead--they gave no warranty on tires--they are brand new this fall.dd.

Attachments