Hub adapter fitment

GoldenMotor.com
Jan 22, 2020
Hey guys I’m trying to install 1.5 inch adapter on my 1.5 inch hub on my muscle bike and it will not fit . To small donor dosent come close to wrapping around and the arms that go through the sprockets don’t fit. Any ideas -j0n

Jan 22, 2020
Hahah we’re both having difficulties today.The adapter and hub are 1.5 inch but it doesn’t fit snuggly around the hub and therefore dosent reach thru the spokes and align with the sprocket.

Jan 22, 2020
I live in New Hampshire.the clamshell adapter doesn’t fit around my coaster brake hub. The 3 bolts that hold the sprocket on don’t line up correctly without removing 3 spokes. Iv don’t a bit of grinding and still not Gunna. work. I can take some photos tomorrrow and try to post.. thanks again

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon
Jan 22, 2020
Kinda weird the hub has a textured groove on it . At first I tried on a reg bmx coaster brake 1.5 inch hub and dosent fit there either . Those bolts going through the spokes are my issue. I’ll post pictures tonight . Thanks guys

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Nice bike!
Thanks for the photos John. Do you have a machineshop that can rebore the sprocket adapter? looking at your photos, I suspect the sprocket mounting bosses will match your drive sprocket and clear the spoke pattern maybe. A 14 spoke flange and a three point sprocket mounting adapter not so good. Wait till Norm chimes back in, he is the pro.

Tom

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
John, you need a spoke count per flange divisible by three. The link Norm posted will get you where you want to be. To save $$$ ask first. That is what a forum is ultimately for. To pick the brains of those that been there and usually got it right.

Tom

Jan 22, 2020
Oh gotcha. I don’t buy new parts (except chain and tires).I collect and build with only vintage parts of at all possible. Ok hunt out a used wheel spoke count divisible by three is the ticket.. thanks guys.