HT bicycle engine exploded diagram?

GoldenMotor.com

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Is there any place on the web that hosts an exploded diagram of your basic Chinese 2-cycle engine? I got one with my kit but it is very hard to read. I would like to know what I am getting into when I open one up for maintenance. Thanks!

Clotho

May 25, 2008
Re: HT exploded diagram?

Grubee has some exploded views in the parts section. Their site won't let me link directly to the page. You have to go to Total Products. Select 2 Stroke engine. Then one of the motors. I think I clicked Skyhawk and exploded views part way down the page.

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA

Thanks! That was just what I was looking for! They are actually the same views that came with my kit "instructions" but I can expand them into visibility through the magic of computers. However I am confused by something I saw there. On the "About Us" page they say:

"USA NOTE: It is important to know that oil mix 2 cycle engines as of Jan 1 2006 can no longer be imported into the USA and some European countries. Regardless of cc displacement, 4 cycle engines EPA approved are now all that is allowed to be imported into the USA."

Now how can that be since we are obviously still getting a supply of 2-cycle engines?

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida

"Existing 2 cycle engine stock is still available in some USA WD inventories and when depleted will not be replaced", would apply to all "old" inventory...
Now the kits are EPA approved they are ok to import I believe....

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

From what I understand it was going to be law, but got rescinded. So no worries.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now

Yes, the "law" was an internet rumour of sorts, or greatly exagerated upon, and taken as gospel by another bike forum, who promptly denounced all two strokes....only to wake up to a breakfast of crow and egg peeled from each other faces.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn

I thought the ban was on direct imports and that it could be brought in from a country other than China, but that imports direct from China were banned unless EPA certified.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

You peaked my interest and just looked around a bit. Seemingly a group in California petitioned to have 2 strokes banned and rumour then bloomed. The power of mob fear I guess. I can not find any thing that it was close to passing in Cali or even a thought at fed level.

Just got a IM from a woman I have not spoken to in a yr. Telling me Yahoo would be closing down due to costs.

Last edited: