How fast can your 80cc really go?

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawaii_Ed

Feb 22, 2009
Honolulu, HI
Hit and held 46 with a shift kit, slant motor, NGK plug, and no other mods. This was confirmed on speedo and GPS :) Hoping for 50 with an expansion pipe, etc.

SmokerX

Dec 10, 2008
Austin
I got up to 50 a couple of times. 80cc schwinn beach cruiser ngk plug/plugwire, 1 gear all stock. You have to push it passed the point it sounds like its going to explode and have a wide straightaway, mine has a 55 mph speed limit, so if u dont go fast you`ll get run over. Its hit and miss 30% the time it breaks down afterwards all vibration issues. Ive been told its leaky and air is getting in and im running rich. but it hasnt blown up yet.

Hawaii_Ed

Feb 22, 2009
Honolulu, HI
I got up to 50 a couple of times. 80cc schwinn beach cruiser ngk plug/plugwire, 1 gear all stock. You have to push it passed the point it sounds like its going to explode and have a wide straightaway, mine has a 55 mph speed limit, so if u dont go fast you`ll get run over. Its hit and miss 30% the time it breaks down afterwards all vibration issues. Ive been told its leaky and air is getting in and im running rich. but it hasnt blown up yet.
Wow, that motor is a factory freak for sure!

Ed

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
thats like 36-37mph which is around the top speeds(not cruising speeds) for these engines with a stock 44t,but usually seen more with a 36t. some of the engines will have a lower top speed and also depends on the weight/size of bike and weight of rider and also the sprocket size.
the max rpms for these engines are usually between 4500rpms-8000rpms.
i usually cruise around 25-28mph and i can get the bike upto 35mph but i do not ride for a long time at those speeds as i dont want the bike coming apart or exploding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.