How fast can your 80cc really go?

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

markeatmark

Jun 17, 2009
jacksonville NC
So, I just bought myself a new speedometer, one that's wired, so there's no chance of interference. It's a 20 function from walmart. I am very impressed with it. The initial setup took a few mins, but now that it's all set up, It works flawlessly! I set an odometer timer, every 400km, a service bike symbol will appear! I'm very impressed. So, I ripped down a big hill to see what she can do, my highest speed I reached was 52.4 km/h! That's 32.6 mph. Most of our speed limits here are 50 km/h, so I'm doing pretty good. If you want to get technical, I could've gotten a speeding ticket! Lol. I have only a stock 69.9cc Chris Hill engine. No upgrades. I want an inline fuel filter, aftermarket air filter, and an expansion chamber. Perhaps next summer. :)
Man You are fling on that thing. Don't get any speeding tickets. But if You do. post a pick Of the ticket .xct2 LOL

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
I've been pulled over on my mountain bike for criminal speeding... so it is possible. I don't even have an engine on my mountain bike.

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
I've been pulled over on my mountain bike for criminal speeding... so it is possible. I don't even have an engine on my mountain bike.
Criminal speeding wtf is that?.
speeding in a car on an ozzy street is a traffic infringement, thats not a criminal offence.
Actually considering the death penalty over there, thats about fair i guess.

markeatmark

Jun 17, 2009
jacksonville NC
talking about tickets. when we where young. my Brother and I. where out for a bike ride and we get to the highway. it has a center divider 6" curb and 3' of grass and we always bunny hoped it to get to the other side. it was quite trick back in the day. but this day a cop seen us doing the trick and stopped us i took off like a bat out of he77. and my brother got caught. got a ticket for reckless driving. but it was dismissed in court. and thats my lame story

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
That's crazy. Ya know, when the cops are too busy bothering the bikers, instead of the drivers who are actually able to break the law with some significance, that's pretty bad. Lol, don't they have something better to do? Lol

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I gotya all beat IMHO...a ticket for not wearing socks in Downtown Dallas! $195 fine. It goes to court in a few days wish me luck. I was wearing sandles and it was summer time.

markeatmark

Jun 17, 2009
jacksonville NC
I gotya all beat IMHO...a ticket for not wearing socks in Downtown Dallas! $195 fine. It goes to court in a few days wish me luck. I was wearing sandles and it was summer time.
Not wearing socks. Is that a crime? that's ridiculous. you better plead not guilty by way of a ridiculous victimless law. and the cop should be fired for enforcing it

sqeeek

Oct 4, 2009
Provo, Utah
I don't have a bike yet, but i just had an idea... I have an old Honda CRX, i stuck a couple of leaf blowers on the intake, and gained 23 hp on a dyno. I don't think it'd be too hard to make a little blower for one of these things... Maybe just a little electronic blower, hooked to the intake. Anyone done this before? Makes me wanna try. :D

MikeJ

May 3, 2009
Colorado Springs
Sqeeek -

Welcome! We like novel ideas! And yours about the gas-powered supercharger to the larger engine is certainly a novel idea! Place the supercharger on the rear-wheel rack, and pipe the compressed air to the carb!

Now if the compressed air does not blow back into the main fuel tank, you da man! Video a running bike using that setup sometime and post it!

MikeJ

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
I don't have a bike yet, but i just had an idea... I have an old Honda CRX, i stuck a couple of leaf blowers on the intake, and gained 23 hp on a dyno. I don't think it'd be too hard to make a little blower for one of these things... Maybe just a little electronic blower, hooked to the intake. Anyone done this before? Makes me wanna try. :D
23hp, sneeek your gunna fit right in this thread !

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
Lol! Sqeeek, good idea dude! And a fine for no socks? What kind of law is that? Wow, I'd fight that tooth and nail! Wow. Brutal dude, good luck!!! Here's my idea. Training wheels, front and back, but instead of wheels, skis, for winter riding. You could drift around corners, and never tip. :) Never have your tires slide out from under you. Never lay it down. Plus you could do some downhill snow riding as well. :) They'd sit higher than the actual wheel, as to allow non snow driving, but lean into a corner, and you've got ski! Lol, You'd always have two or more points of contact on the road. I'll likely try it, just to see. ;) I though neons were a pipe dream, and I was wrong, so who knows right? Just gotta get creative. :)

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
Blowers, compressors, turbos, etc don't work with this type carb. Fuel ratio issues would cause it to self-destruct or not run at all unless entire carb is pressurized or radical redesign from scratch.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now

One time...at band camp.....

markeatmark

Jun 17, 2009
jacksonville NC
Storm Trooper Bike. is done old school 27" 10 speed,new 700c wheels/racing tires 150PSI. SKIHAWK 80cc port matched intake and exhaust . It is fast very fast. 4 or 5 hundred smiles per hour. May even brake the sound barrier. LOL This is just a guess on my part. It is raining and i have not tested it yet

Last edited:

lokerman

Sep 17, 2009
michigan
Man! Are we really in a recession? If the cops have enough time to do that sh@t, the taxes sure could go toward something more useful right? WTF?? I guess that's what happens when we don't get involved enough. Such waste happening everywhere. If only sense prevailed, imagine the collective benefit!

As far as speed goes, I think I'm up near 30 MPH with 44 teeth, and no tach, but the engines screaming. Probably won't last too long like this, but I've got several hundred miles on it. That's why I'm thinking about getting that SBP shift kit so I can go faster and not destroy my engine, plus be a lot quieter.

Status
Not open for further replies.