High Performance Wally World Cruiser?

GoldenMotor.com

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
An old speed shop in Miami used to have a big sign behind the counter:

"Horsepower costs money. How fast do you want to go?"

Tom
The thing I am enjoying is total investment will be $27! Already have basically everything to do this but the gas, grease and the crankcase gasket!

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I remember 'back in the day' of making my needed gaskets out of cereal boxes. I would put a light coat of grease on the surface for the gasket, lay the box side on the grease then remove --- made the perfect template for cutting out the gasket. Maybe my memory is foggy, but I don't recall any of 'em failing.

(Use the uncoated side of the box for the grease template.)

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I remember 'back in the day' of making my needed gaskets out of cereal boxes. I would put a light coat of grease on the surface for the gasket, lay the box side on the grease then remove --- made the perfect template for cutting out the gasket. Maybe my memory is foggy, but I don't recall any of 'em failing.

(Use the uncoated side of the box for the grease template.)
Yep, made many gaskets this way myself over the years.

when done Ive hung them up, gave them a good spray of permatex copper coat, let it cure overnight.

made, carb gaskets, thermostat housing gaskets, etc.....

just a very thin film of lite oil like 3in1 oil or even cooking oil works good, I have done it one other way also, and this works good on a bout any surface.

Red lipstick does a nice job, used it when I was a kid, my mother would give me one of her old lipsticks and id just smear a little on the metal and then once you carefully place it on the poster board paper and it leaves a nice marker to cut.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Yep, made many gaskets this way myself over the years.

when done Ive hung them up, gave them a good spray of permatex copper coat, let it cure overnight.

made, carb gaskets, thermostat housing gaskets, etc.....

just a very thin film of lite oil like 3in1 oil or even cooking oil works good, I have done it one other way also, and this works good on a bout any surface.

Red lipstick does a nice job, used it when I was a kid, my mother would give me one of her old lipsticks and id just smear a little on the metal and then once you carefully place it on the poster board paper and it leaves a nice marker to cut.
Actually ended up doing this. Thought I posted it, but maybe I posted it on another thread on accident. Motor is up and running in a lower compression well.. still high compression, but it's at 12:1.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
So does this mean I need to get to work on the Norton engine?
But it runs so good the way it is. I hate messing with success. It has a lot of miles on it but maybe I need to do something so I don't look like a fool trying to race you again.
Maybe I'll buy a 'Boost Bottle' and some parts that say, "Speed", "High Performance" and "Race". I'll get one made of 'billet'. I'm sure that will help. :)

Tom

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri

All together and running well. Trying to break in the rings the RIGHT way. More and more compression as the rings are settling in. I can tell by doing a rolling test when the motor is off. Getting harder and harder to spin the rear wheel.

Reactions: Thomasp
Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Bike is looking awesome. Big fan of your bike. I'm not a fan of this but I noticed you guys get to see how quick each other's bikes are. You are both missing a big speed secret. Stickers. They can be worth 5 horsepower each on a Civic, think what an extra 5 horses would do for our motors. Just saying.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
It has been proven that putting stickers on your bike will increase top speed. Even the forum stickers that Paul provides will boost your top end by a minimum of 5 mph.

Using stickers from 'Autolite', STP, NGK, and even old 'Moon' stickers will increase your speed. Also using any part made of billet, or marketed as 'Speed', 'Race', 'High Performance' or 'High Output' will more than double your horsepower. It's a known fact.

Tom

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
It has been proven that putting stickers on your bike will increase top speed. Even the forum stickers that Paul provides will boost your top end by a minimum of 5 mph.

Using stickers from 'Autolite', STP, NGK, and even old 'Moon' stickers will increase your speed. Also using any part made of billet, or marketed as 'Speed', 'Race', 'High Performance' or 'High Output' will more than double your horsepower. It's a known fact.

Tom
Tom I have been poking at the idea of slapping one of these on the bike for a big performance increase.

I am thinking with this I can finally break 50 mph. Maybe even go to 60

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Even if it doesn't work it should provide some 'intimidation factor' to potential challengers.
Something like a tunnel ram with two four barrels sticking through a hood.

Tom

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I had my stickers especially formulated to double house power AND increase low end torque!

Note:
Due to their special design more than 2 of those stickers will melt the engine ;-}