Hi there! (cue music)

GoldenMotor.com

Samus1976

Feb 19, 2009
Bacliff, TX
Just saying hi to everyone! My dad (TexasDave) got me a starter bike and did some cool custom work on it. I've taken it out a few times and had a blast. My real dream though, is to build a new bike totally from scrath and model it after the speeder bikes from Star Wars episode VI: Return of the Jedi. Any suggestions? Anyway, I hope I can make this into a fun hobby once I get some time to tinker.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum Samus1976, I am so glad you joined us.

Your Dad TDav is a real cool guy, glad to have both of you here. I am sure others will have some ideals for you on the speeders bike. You know I have never seen any Star War movie.

dnut

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. Maybe you can use the body from a jetski to get started on the
speeder bike.

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
Welcome to the forum..we. Maybe you can get Monica into riding. We can all go to the Hill country and ride, If we ever get the van back that is.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Sam,
It'll never get off the ground...don't try it. :)

Okay, be serious, Tom. If I recall the speeders, or whatever they were called, had some cool looking fairings. Maybe fiberglass or plastic can be formed to resemble the Star Wars machine. Some dirt bikes I've seen have these swoopy/curvy fenders and fairings. Maybe rob some parts from your dad's bikes. Neat idea. Be sure to send pix when the project gets underway.

Tom

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
Maybe rob some parts from your dad's bikes. Neat idea. Be sure to send pix when the project gets underway.

Keep you fingers off my parts :)