Hey all from Northern California!

GoldenMotor.com

benuntu

Jul 7, 2008
Chico, CA
Greetings! I'm looking into getting a MB, but I'm not sure if I want to get a DIY kit or one from SpookyTooth cycles. I really like the style and reviews of the SpookyTooth, but I'm also a fair hand with a wrench and like the DIY approach. Any advice you have for me would be greatly appreciated!

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
hey benuntu
the best advice I can give, is to read read read and then read some more
welcome to the best motor bike forums on the net
and happy motoring

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
Greetings benuntu

To build or not to build . If you have even basic wrenching skills you should probably build your own , using our help . You will get to know your machine and have the satisfaction of building it yourself . You might save Spookytooth for your second bike for the spouse or best friend . I have three motor kits . one is still in the box waiting for inspiration and opportunity . If you don't like what you build you can move the motor to a different bike and try again . If you have the itch and want to ride right away go with the bike you like from Spookytooth . Either way you won't loose , you'll be smiling . .... D.J.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us. If you choose to build a motorized bicycle don't be afraid to ask questions. Everyone here likes to help.......................

benuntu

Jul 7, 2008
Chico, CA
Thanks all for the warm welcome! I think I will go the route of building my own...I do like to tinker. What would you all recommend for an engine kit? I've seen them on eBay, and on several websites...but is there a certain brand to look for. And on the other side of the coin, what should I watch out for?

Thanks again!