Hey 2door!

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by maniac57, Mar 6, 2013.

1. maniac57

maniac57 Old, Fat, and still faster than you

Here are some pics of that yard sale schwinn I posted about awhile back. You said you have one like this?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm kinda on the fence about selling it. Wants a frankenstein jackshaft set-up SOO bad! Maybe a little bitty 4-stroke?

2. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

Funny story about mine. I rode it to a bicycle shop about twenty years ago. I was inside and when I walked out all the bike store guys were crowded around it. They wanted to know if I was selling it. At the time I didn't realize it was unique. They mentioned the odd front shifter/freewheel and the fact that it had a metal head badge. They said it was worth more than when it was new. I'm glad I kept it. Maybe it'll be a collector's item someday.
    If I were you I'd probably just hang that puppy up in my garage and save it.

I'll have to search for it but I posted a thread here years ago about a bike my wife found in her parent's shed. Another collector. It's hanging in my garage today. An 80s vintage, made in the U.S. Huffy that was only ridden about 5 miles.
    Tom

EDIT: Found it > http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?p=89908

#2 2door, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  3. maniac57

maniac57 Old, Fat, and still faster than you

If you look at the post of my latest build, you will see a mid-80's :confused: Huffy I got at the same sale! Very cool bike except for the thin rear dropouts and cheap-%[email protected] hardware package...
    Maybe we are related?
    :p

4. Allen_Wrench

Allen_Wrench Resident Mad Scientist

Yep. I had one of those too. It was one of several that have been stolen from me over the years. Concord, Huffy, Bianchi, Hercules, a few Schwinns, probably one or two others. I've been slowly getting better at both anti-theft measures and choosing lower-crime storage areas.