Here from Britain

GoldenMotor.com

HT60CC

Jul 23, 2008
Slough, England
Hello, and thanks for letting me into this forum.You may know me as BSA from the other place. Looking forward to seeing other peoples projects and getting even more ideas for my own. I've got a 60cc happy time, and I've now got an 80cc. I'm wait for my Aunt to get an Schwinn Point beach cruiser over from the USA (she can get free shipping). Going to be porting and extensively modifying my next build. Nice to see a few famliar faces from the other place.

Last edited:

HT60CC

Jul 23, 2008
Slough, England
Well, thankyou for the warm welcome.

Jemma: I'm doing pretty well thanks, currently grappling with a stripped nut on my cylinder head bolt, looks like I'm gonna have to try to drill though the nut. Hows yourself anyway?

motoschwinn: I'll definately post about the point beach once I get it (probably in August) and the engine.

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
Jemma, Question, If I put a cycle motor on a bicycle, is it a motorcycle, or a motorbike. I always get the two confused.
anything using a cycle frame is generally either classified historically as a cyclemotor (kit added to pre bought bike - The Cyclaid and GEBE/HT) or an autocycle (such as the Rudge, Sun, Francis Barnett machines) which were one piece machines (aka you bought the whole thing new as a unit).

A motorcycle is generally accepted as a two wheeled machine with either kick or electric start and most importantly no pedals - generally they have larger displacement engines and are geared. In the case of autocycles there was one lone 2 speed machine.

An HT with a shifter kit would be classified in most places as a light motorcycle

Jemma xx

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
Well, thankyou for the warm welcome.

Jemma: I'm doing pretty well thanks, currently grappling with a stripped nut on my cylinder head bolt, looks like I'm gonna have to try to drill though the nut. Hows yourself anyway?

motoschwinn: I'll definately post about the point beach once I get it (probably in August) and the engine.
Im a little stressed out, my doctor isnt helping matters - in her wisdom she gave me powerful codiene based painkillers (what do you know, I am now showing signs of addition to codeine).

My partner is very ill so things are pretty hard right now and money is so tight its almost split in half lol ... other than that I am not doing so bad

Gotta go get me a new tube tomorrow - this one went at the valve joint which I understand is generally unrepairable.
Jemma xx

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Jemma, unless your really hurting I'd leave that codine alone. My doc. gave me some when I broke my arm (tree jumped in front of my Schwinn) and I was happy! WAY to happy. Bent my front wheel, forks, knocked my gas tank off, ect. Those Tylanol 3 pills put me on cloud 9. Even after I did not need them I wanted more! Made me do things like jump on car hoodsrotfl Here in Texas them trees will jump out on you with no warning! especilly after 8-10 beers. So if you can leave them alone. Later Tramp (c)

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
Jemma, unless your really hurting I'd leave that codine alone. My doc. gave me some when I broke my arm (tree jumped in front of my Schwinn) and I was happy! WAY to happy. Bent my front wheel, forks, knocked my gas tank off, ect. Those Tylanol 3 pills put me on cloud 9. Even after I did not need them I wanted more! Made me do things like jump on car hoodsrotfl Here in Texas them trees will jump out on you with no warning! especilly after 8-10 beers. So if you can leave them alone. Later Tramp
Trust me - pain is muchly right now...

As standard the 1976 model year Jemma Hawtrey comes with (at this point in time)

* tendonitis in shoulders neck and back
* back damage in three places from idiot volvo driver backending me :crash:
* knee problems

At the moment - through something thats very hard to explain I am also dealing with pain from my partner - which is basically mega-ouchies from below the diaphragm to around the hips. on a score of 0-100 thats hitting about 80-odd right now.. :(

hence the happytime meds rotfl

I do have to say that I *will not* discuss the ins and outs of Sashas condition on here more than to give an outline. Its a private matter.

My grandmother was allergic to opiates so a local hospital doctor gave her some anyways against the advice of my parents, his own nursing staff, and documentation from her doctor - and she was dead in 20 minutes. Believe me, I know to be careful of anything with opiates in it but its either that or curl up in a tight ball and yowl for a while

Jemma xx