Help! How do I put a two stroke motor on my bike if I have a rear disc brake?

GoldenMotor.com

Leondude518

Jul 7, 2020
I recently have gotten intrested in 2 stroke bike motors and wanted to get one for my mountain bike. The frame was large enough and the tires were the right size, but I realized having a rear disc brake would be an issue. Is there anything I can do to get around this?? (Aside from taking out my brakes and having no brakes)

Attachments

SloRyd

Jun 25, 2020
Depending on how mechanically inclined you are and how economical you want to be, you can go a jackshaft/shifter kit which will require some aptitude in wrenching on the bike and getting everything set up properly and will add cost to the project. Second would be to either swap out the rear wheel to something non disc and add a horseshoe style brake to the bike if it has the small crossbar with the hole between the rear downtubes….or just keep that bike as is and look for a suitable mountain bike with v-style center pull brakes. They're a dime a dozen around here and can be had for less than $100 for good candidates to put motors on them. Craigslist, Offer-Up. Letgo and Facebook marketplace. I just bought my wife a 24" Mtn Bike for $35 in mint condition. Just gotta keep your eye out and pounce when you come across a good one at the right price.

Reactions: FOG