HELP... Bike doesn't start

GoldenMotor.com

KurzZz

Sep 3, 2021
I recently put a high performance carb on my bike and when I tried to start it the motor would start but only make noise while I pulled the throttle and would get really choppy at high throttle, I ran it a little while to see if maybe it needed to cycle the gas through the carb. It didn't get better but infact started to get worse and lose ignition before eventually making a low humming noise while pedaling and not starting. The bike was sitting for a day and I don't know if it's the carbs fault because I put the NT carb back on and it didn't help. I'm thinking the magneto coil but don't have the money to buy a replacement and hope it works. It has spark and I don't think it's too rich or too lean. It fires once or twice before stopping. Please give suggestions

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Try a new spark plug, it's sounds like the new carb is jetted too rich and fouled the plug. A fouled plug will sometimes fire when out of the engine but will not fire under compression.

KurzZz

Sep 3, 2021
Thanks alot for the suggestion, I'll update you when I get the new plug. I'm assuming I should also run it leaner?

KurzZz

Sep 3, 2021
To run it different I was thinking of stealing the jet from my last carb and throwing it in the new one

KurzZz

Sep 3, 2021
Try a new spark plug, it's sounds like the new carb is jetted too rich and fouled the plug. A fouled plug will sometimes fire when out of the engine but will not fire under compression.
Thx for the help, I have the new plug coming in tuesday