Hello from West Texas

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kale G, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Kale G

Kale G New Member

Greetings all from West TX. I am brand spankin new to the motorized bicycle. I have been building hot rods and motorcycles all my life and stumbled upon a pic of a stretched beach cruiser and fell in love!! I just swapped a neighbor a subwoofer for a Schwinn Stingray so I'm about to build a new toy. So my question is this.........What is the best "engine kit" out there? I will be riding this thing alot this summer and I would rather have a pullstart engine due to the fact I am going to build a set of pegs that will replace the crank assembly. Its pretty flat land where I am. I would like to see 40 mph. I am new to the 2 stroke engines so how much life can I expect out of one of these little things? Thanks yall!!And i'm loving the site......

2. James the welder

James the welder New Member

Re:

Hi from Tempe AZ I am James just got my first kit last week a skyhawk 66 and put it on my mountain bike for know. I am lookin for a frame to build a B.T.R. and info for wheels,tires,springerforks or I will just fabricate it my self. Been welding for the last 25 years so it should not.weld be to hard to build ..... .weld

3. Nougat

Nougat New Member

The 2-stroke kits are all pretty much the same as far as quality goes, and that's hit or miss. The important thing is buying from a vendor who will give you good warranty service. Look to the vendor ads on the left and right of the forum.

4. Ilikeabikea

Ilikeabikea Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome Kale, what part of West Texas are you from? Two of us on here are from Pampa................

5. Kale G

Kale G New Member

I live in Snyder. Its dead between Lubbock and Abilene. And thanks for the input, I can't wait to get started. Should be taking delivery of the Schwinn chopper Tuesday and maybe a 60's Stingray next weekend.

6. curtisfox

curtisfox Well-Known Member

I would wait and read a bunch of these post before ordering. There is a bunch of info to be had by reading.
    I think if you have a lot open road like you I would go for the new belt drive 4 stroke with a shift kit to get 40mph

7. Kale G

Kale G New Member

belt driven shift?? That would be awesome. Where I live is really flat and the town is spread out. I have no interest in doing any pedaling at all. I did see some 110cc swaps. I think the local fuzz might not let that happen tho........Thanks guys for all your input, the search continues............

8. curtisfox

curtisfox Well-Known Member

You should check with your local DMV and find out the laws. You might just have to keep your pedals. And you need them for a shift kit. Do your studying and Good luck