Hello from Manitoba Canada

GoldenMotor.com

Chitty

Jun 3, 2008
Souris Manitoba Canada
Hello all, I just found this forum and just got my 49cc bike engine going yesterday. This is a great way to get to work and have fun doing it. I look forward to learning lots from all you.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum. Lots of motorized bicycle enthusiasts here. What kind of bike did use? Post some pics for all to see. Glad you joined us.......................

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Welcome the the best and friendliest forum for bicycle motors and motorized bicycles anywhere!

Feel free to post your experiences and questions.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
nice job chitty! thats a fine looking motorized bicycle. the great part is about to begin. glad to have you with us
:ride:

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
Welcome Chitty

Welcome fellow Manitoban . I know that living in a small town like Souris has its limitations . You ride for 10 minutes and you have seen everything twice . The thousands of miles of dirt roads are nice but very hard on the body and the bike . I use a bike rack on the back of my car to haul my bike everywhere . I make trips to Twin Lakes Beach and ride the route along the lake . I have hauled it to a place closer to you than That , Delta Beach . I often haul it in to Winnipeg . I live 15 minutes from the city . When I am there I go for a tour of the parks and the River Walk . Just take a good bicycle lock with you . The River Road trip to Lockport from Winnipeg is also very nice . I want to take it to Birds Hill Park yet this year . Enjoy the ride . ....... D.J.

Remember to obey the Manitoba leash laws .

Krash

Nov 8, 2009
Winnipeg
Hello!

New to the world of motorized bikes. Chitty (or any other Manitoban) where did you get your kits from? is there anything local or at lest in Canada?

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
Welcome Krash

There are a few people in Winnipeg that sell these kits . I also have a spare kit for sale . I have a 49cc kit still in the box for $150.00 if you want . It is about 4 years old and has never been used . I have over 1500 miles on one exactly the same . I bought two and only used one . If you are interested you can send me a PM . I am about 20km from wpg. and will deliver . ..... D.J.

this is a link to a Winnipeg dealers ad .
PRC POWERCYCLE 80CC JET BLACK MOTOR BICYCLE MOPED SCOOTER GAS ENGINE KIT Fort Rouge / Riverview / Crescentwood, Winnipeg

Krash

Nov 8, 2009
Winnipeg
Wow wicked! Yea I may take this off your hands.

Also i am trying to research laws on Manitoba roads. Do these bikes need to meet road safety and have insurance?

Krash

Nov 8, 2009
Winnipeg
I've done some research. MPI seems to state that if its under 50CC's is a moped and you can insure it thru the, but does it need too?

Does the fact its a motor assisted bike not a sole motor vehicle make a difference?

bbb

Sep 2, 2008
S Man Canada
As of recently in Manitoba "motorized bicycles" have to be electric only.
We need to check to see what it would take to license a bike as a moped...will we need lights/horn/signal/ser. #/etc?

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Chitty, greetings from British Columbia. We are growing in number slowly here in the North Country.
There is a rally planned in Sudbury Ontario for late june if the organizer can get it approved.
Check the CRU thread at the top of the forum.

Steve.

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
If you are looking for legal this is not the way to go . Something that has not been mentioned is the clutch . If you have control of the clutch , it is classified as a motorcycle and must be equipped as such . Yes it is true that only electric power assisted bicycles are allowed . You could of course equip a China Fire bike to be legal but you would be better off just going the moped route . I am in it for the coolness factor and the building and would be proud to get a ticket . ..... D.J.

Krash

Nov 8, 2009
Winnipeg
Oh defiantly. I will still likely build one for use off road and at music festivals. However I may have to build me an electric bike first as I am looking for a mode of transport next summer thats not an expensive car.

D.J i may still take that kit off your hands. ill see if I have the budget on the 13th

norco80

Nov 27, 2010
Morden MB
just so you guys know, you can buy the same engine kits that come from any supplier, they have the same quality and they run great from zoombicycles.com they are cheaper (80cc engine kit-$150 and 49cc engine kit-$130) i am not kidding. if you live in canada they have free shipping, they also offer performance parts like shifter kits, expansion chambers, high flow carbs etc.
Daniel Spence
P.S. I live in Morden, Manitob, Canada