hello from Decatur,IL

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by FileStyle, May 29, 2008.

1. FileStyle

FileStyle New Member

just wanted to get on this cool website and its awesome to hear and read other bike motor enthuseist and their travels and also their bikes. the tips about the motors and gearing are just too cool.
    I will post some pics later of my ride , also a thank you to hookwormrider and his tips on the motor, it means a lot to hear about a 6000 mile motor.

2. Ilikeabikea

Ilikeabikea Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum. Lots of motorized bicycle enthusiasts here. Glad you joined us........................

3. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome filestyle1 :ride2:

4. paul

paul Active Member

welcome to the site. hope you enjoy motorized bicycles as much as the rest of us. glad to have you with us
    :ride2:

5. nogoodnic

nogoodnic New Member

Welcome to the group. These things are a blast, enjoy the ride...Kelly

6. YardMaster

YardMaster New Member

Hi, I am YardMaster.
    I am new to this site. Although there is a lot of stuff I will eventually share: I do have a question. Many reasons why I am asking.

In a state where you are required to register and plate your bike; are you required to buy expensive disc brakes, motorcycle grade speedometer, and motorcycle grade lights, or will the safety inspector people let you get by on the less expensive bicycle versions of brakes, speedometer, and lights. Simple question, makes a big difference on cost of starting up. I may have to move for business reasons and would like any feedback from those who successfully plated a bike.

Thanx.(c)

7. stude13

stude13 New Member

these are motor assisted bicycles-do the laws cover them? bikes dont have vin no. / we are under 49cc-are you sure? good luck