• kind of hard

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • needed a map, a guide and a compass!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nevin

Aug 11, 2021
hello, hello.
long time bicycle enthusiast, and just started collecting parts for my first motorized build.

Nickton

Jan 2, 2022
Hello I am new here and got a used China girl bike motor with some parts including 4 my carbs, a bunch of jets, piston rings and a few other parts in pretty rough shape so I decided to rebuild the bottom end, and replace the piston and head and do whatever I could to get it running. I had been working on a vintage vespa but didn't have enough money for the expensive upgrades so decided to try this instead for a while. I'm putting the engine on a cruiser frame I found in a neighbor's garbage bin, that I had to hack up a bit so the engine would fit. I also built a trailer for it.
I work at as community recycling center here in Vallejo California , where I see many homeless type people come in with very poor bicycle set ups, which motivated me to try and make a more sturdy recycling set up...mostly just for fun...it gives me an excuse to play with my mig welder and see what I can come up with.

I also built an expansion chamber using a design I found somewhere on this forum and I hope it will work when I get it installed. This project will also give me a chance to fiddle with jetting, since I have what looks like a full set of all available ones for the tiny carburetor. I wanted to redo the carb on my vespa but was look at around 400 dollars for that, which was a bit steep for me at this point.

I will try to post some progress pictures when I get a chance. It already has been quite a bit of work so far.

I just Turned sixty so I guess I'm a bit of an old fart now.

I used to ride motorcycles but haven't been able to afford that for a while either and am now opting for cheaper transportation.

Last edited:
Reactions: indian22

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Got you by 20 years, LOL Best is to run it as is then make one change at a time so you can see what works and what don't, as far as jetting and the like.........Curt

Reactions: indian22

Nickton

Jan 2, 2022
Thanks for the welcome. I just put together the rag joint on a 40 tooth sprocket and tried riding around using just pedal power and for some reason I can't get the rear wheel to stop wobbling a bit due to loose play around the coaster break side bearings. Thinking of adding a washer perhaps, underneath the shroud that I shaved down according to instructions I found on youtube. I take the wheel off and tighten the nut until there is no more play but after putting it back on the wobble keeps returning. Did it a few times and got the same results. Frustrating. The wheel is brand new from piston bikes.

Whiskey Rider

Jun 20, 2022
Hello all,
I'm new here. I built engines for show cars, hot rods and rat rods.
I recently discovered the beautiful and amazing boardtrackers and want to build one myself. I have many ideas and far more questions and this forum seems like the place.
Thank you all!

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Hello all,
I'm new here. I built engines for show cars, hot rods and rat rods.
I recently discovered the beautiful and amazing boardtrackers and want to build one myself. I have many ideas and far more questions and this forum seems like the place.
Thank you all!
I also forgot not intentionaly among the most prolific posters, Fast Eddie aka Steve, and indian22 aka Rick..
If you read their full threads, which I recommend you do.

Tom

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Welcome. This is the forum for you. Lots of ideas and styles with a large variety of engines and motors. Newbies and long time fabricators alike enjoy vintage and boardtrack racer styling. I'm certain others will point out some forums which will be of interest as well.

Rick C.

Kdcleave

Jul 16, 2022
Tennessee
Glad you found us. Folks here are great, Friendly and there is a huge knowledge base. Don't be shy and jump right in. Its litterally against the rules to be unkind, rude or unpleasant. So really, no need to be shy.

If I may, I suggest not asking questions in your introduction post/thread. Than, in a good section related to your questions, ask there.

Folks tend to skip saying hello and welcome thinking you are just one and done, hit and run and after they take the time to help ya, you may not let them know how it worked out for ya. Not that they don't care. It can be frustrating after a few long winded posts with lots of typing and you never hear from them again.

But again Welcome! Have fun and ride safe....

Any difficulties or problems, please let me or any staff member
Thank you for the advice. I will fish around a bit in previous posts before asking more questions.