Votes: 2 2.7%
  • needed a map, a guide and a compass!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Glad you found us. Folks here are great, Friendly and there is a huge knowledge base. Don't be shy and jump right in. Its litterally against the rules to be unkind, rude or unpleasant. So really, no need to be shy.

If I may, I suggest not asking questions in your introduction post/thread. Than, in a good section related to your questions, ask there.

Folks tend to skip saying hello and welcome thinking you are just one and done, hit and run and after they take the time to help ya, you may not let them know how it worked out for ya. Not that they don't care. It can be frustrating after a few long winded posts with lots of typing and you never hear from them again.

But again Welcome! Have fun and ride safe....

Any difficulties or problems, please let me or any staff member

Last edited:

DanielG

Jan 19, 2018
Glad you found us. Folks here are great, Friendly and there is a huge knowledge base. Don't be shy and jump right in. Its litterally against the rules to be unkind, rude or unpleasant. So really, no need to be shy.

If I may, I suggest not asking questions in your introduction post/thread. Than, in a good section related to your questions, ask there.

Folks tend to skip saying hello and welcome thinking you are just one and done, hit and run and after they take the time to help ya, you may not let them know how it worked out for ya. Not that they don't care. It can be frustrating after a few long winded posts with lots of typing and you never hear from them again.

DanielG

Jan 19, 2018
I'm a really old "new guy" and relatively new to motorized bikes. Because of age (83) and physical problems I have to rely on motorized bikes for all my transportation needs, such as shopping and medical needs. Right now I have a problem which is not knowing how to adjust idle speed on a 60cc 2 stroke engine. I "think" I need to,adjust the fuel/air mixture to adjust it, but don't,l know if I need to turn that screw Dow, or up to increase idle speed? I really need this help.

Reactions: leerousi

E.M.A. Inc.

Jul 6, 2018

Ok thank you, I'm EMA Inc wanting to be greatful for having people to look to for info and knowledge. I look forward to talking with everyone. I'm not a fast typist nor do I like it much so my questions and answers may be short. Sorry.

Reactions: Dan

Robbie Anderson

Jul 19, 2019
Hello and thank you for accepting me. I'm another old guy playing with motor bikes, lots of fun. I hope to help others and learn from others.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Lotta' old guys on the forum Robbie so you'll fit right in. Experience is very useful but not required & there's a great mixture of newbies and oldies that keeps the forum vibrant with new builds and shared concepts...welcome!

Rick C.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Twitchtopher

Aug 30, 2019
Just foumd this sight so far I like , hello to every one. Im currently down, "cdi melt down" was thinking about building one any ideas ?????

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Welcome! I've had some problems with kit CDI's 3 or 4 replacements over 10 years of building over a dozen of these bikes and maybe twenty CG engines. Their not great but inexpensive and work pretty well. I've got a couple of replacement units that I've had for several years and not needed and I put a lot of miles on my bikes.

I've also several aftermarket CDI various performance hype & hype names: Huffy Davidson, Lightening, Rocket etc. $50. to $75. each and nothing negative about any, quality was good and all still working, but day in day out nothing special...certainly not worth what I paid for them, but they work fine. I'll be sticking with the $7 China CDI...when or if I ever need a replacement

If your an electronics tech I applaud innovation and encourage the adventure but I question the general need.

Best of luck on the project.

Rick C.

Twitchtopher

Aug 30, 2019
I'm lost buddy I need a cdi badly I belive I can build the Siple model but I cant see to finda good pic of the actual assembely

ChevyDave56

Sep 11, 2019
Hello I am new to the motorized bicycle community, wanted to stop by and say hello sort of introduce myself. My main reason for joining this forum is simply that I bought a 29" Genesis Onyx bicycle and want to get an engine and all the supplies I might need (or a lot) to install it correctly. I can't seem to find a kit that fits a 29" bicycle.

Any pointers? Appreciate anybody's help, and I ainy necessarily a one and done on here..i will keep posting until I'm satisfied and have what I want, and to let you all know how it went.

Reactions: indian22

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Welcome Chevy,
I built the Onyx Gen29 last year and use it as my daily. Lots you can do with them. Check out the link for some ideas and of course any further questions about my 29 are welcome.
https://motorbicycling.com/media/albums/29-genisis-onyx.2045/
Allen I noticed your running a 48 tooth and wondered if the bike gearing feels about like a 40 tooth would on a 26"?

Chevy should gain a lot of insight from your build . It's a really good one.

Rick C.

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Yes Rick. I ride very hilly terrain so me @ 155lbs w/48T on 29" wheel allows me to charge up the steepest of hills. Very pleased with it. On my return trip I will pull in the clutch and coast downhill so as not to over-rev. In comparison -- more like a 44T on a 26". Honestly my opinion, for me on a 26" 44T is best. My origional bike, a red 26" Huffy Stone Mtn II with diamond frame started with a 44T, I did a 40T on it in 2014 and also am pleased with that. It is faster (if that's important) but I can tell ya the sacrifice of torque is not worth it. I have strong healthy motors on both. set up with properly jetted stock NT's Also a Spare rebuilt for both, with slight port work and pistons skirted and ramped. That's the only motor mods I do. Hopefully Chevy will stop and visit my album section. Hopefully we communicate before he spends money. Yes I can help him in a bowl full of ways.
Here's my 26" Huffy. After a few years and prob 15 thou miles, I cleaned it just last week to inspect the frame to be sure she still safe and to re-assign it as my back-up bike should I need.
https://motorbicycling.com/media/th...use-i-was-experiencing-twitching-when-i.8254/

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Yes Rick. I ride very hilly terrain so me @ 155lbs w/48T on 29" wheel allows me to charge up the steepest of hills. Very pleased with it. On my return trip I will pull in the clutch and coast downhill so as not to over-rev. In comparison -- more like a 44T on a 26". Honestly my opinion, for me on a 26" 44T is best. My origional bike, a red 26" Huffy Stone Mtn II with diamond frame started with a 44T, I did a 40T on it in 2014 and also am pleased with that. It is faster (if that's important) but I can tell ya the sacrifice of torque is not worth it. I have strong healthy motors on both. set up with properly jetted stock NT's Also a Spare rebuilt for both, with slight port work and pistons skirted and ramped. That's the only motor mods I do. Hopefully Chevy will stop and visit my album section. Hopefully we communicate before he spends money. Yes I can help him in a bowl full of ways.
Here's my 26" Huffy. After a few years and prob 15 thou miles, I cleaned it just last week to inspect the frame to be sure she still safe and to re-assign it as my back-up bike should I need.
https://motorbicycling.com/media/th...use-i-was-experiencing-twitching-when-i.8254/
Allen I also favor the 44t for most of my single speed 26" bikes with CG motors, my hybrid is the exception running a 36 tooth now but switching to a 38t on my new hub setup, but I'd not recommend others to follow suit unless they are building a hybrid. I use the hub motor for all dead stopped starts and transition to gas at about 10 mph my clutch should last forever! Our terrain here is rolling with some steep grades....don't gauge Oklahoma's terrain from the interstates, big difference. There's a lot of really good riding available on secondary roads.

Your Huffy and my Grubee are in the same general mileage range, but I think I'm on my sixth year of riding her...still I think we both got our moneys worth frame wise.

Rick C.

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
Hello I am new to the motorized bicycle community, wanted to stop by and say hello sort of introduce myself. My main reason for joining this forum is simply that I bought a 29" Genesis Onyx bicycle and want to get an engine and all the supplies I might need (or a lot) to install it correctly. I can't seem to find a kit that fits a 29" bicycle.

Any pointers? Appreciate anybody's help, and I ainy necessarily a one and done on here..i will keep posting until I'm satisfied and have what I want, and to let you all know how it went.
All the kits will fit a 29er. However, you may have to do a couple changes to gearing and chain length. The biggest thing you will need to look out for is tire width. If it's too wide, it will rub on the chain. As allen said, a 48t may be in your best interest with the 29er. I dont recommend the cheap china kits. Their cylinder plating has been pretty off lately. Spend some extra on a decent grubee or even a low end arrow. Either one will be more reliable than those cheap hunks o' aluminum.

ChevyDave56

Sep 11, 2019
All the kits will fit a 29er. However, you may have to do a couple changes to gearing and chain length. The biggest thing you will need to look out for is tire width. If it's too wide, it will rub on the chain. As allen said, a 48t may be in your best interest with the 29er. I dont recommend the cheap china kits. Their cylinder plating has been pretty off lately. Spend some extra on a decent grubee or even a low end arrow. Either one will be more reliable than those cheap hunks o' aluminum.
Gruber or an arrow huh? Ok I'll look into this. Yeah I don't want anything cheap, I can spend a little extra ;) 48T I'll give that a shot too. I trust you know what your talking about of course cause you have built em! Appreciate the help you guys are providing.