Heavy duty lay back posts

GoldenMotor.com

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Only on my second charge right now, but looking at about 12 - 15 miles per charge without being easy on the throttle and only pedaling from stops, cruising mainly in the mid 30s. There is a guy on ES that has a similar setup and says he can get 40 miles if he cruises at 20 MPH, but what fun is that?

I dropped my seat as low as I can and still have some clearance between the tire and seat (about 0.5" between the seat rails and tire). I also flipped the bars. I plan on getting some no-rise pullback bars soon, though, so the flipped bars are just temporary since the original bars looked like ape hangers with the low seat, LOL.

Groove

Nov 2, 2012
Lexington, KY
That is a good looking ride you have there in pic #2 of 4, great looking seat ;)
LOLOL... Yeah, thanks man. She kind of jazzes up the gallery :)

By the way .. that dynamite bike of yours is cool man. Just don't pull the red wire....no wait maybe it's the black wire? "We've got a 50/50 chance here!"

Last edited:

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
OMG! Ours does look alike! Weird, but interesting. I do see you have a jaguar cdi, correct?
I had one, yes. It did not make any more power, but seemed to slightly smooth things out. If I had the choice again, though, I would skip it and put the money elsewhere. Like in a balanced motor that spun more smoothly anyway, LOL.

But the wrist pin bearing blew on the motor and the shrapnel toasted pretty much everything (it blew somewhere in the mid 30s, so plenty of rpms to spread it everywhere). Since I found myself spending about equal time riding as I did with a maintenance task of some sort, I threw in the towel and parted her out.

I then built up my first electric bike and have not been back to gas since. I just finished up my third electric build, this one was for my wife. I think if I lived somewhere that I needed much more range I would consider gas again, but since everything that I need to ride to around here is within 10 miles round trip, electric works better for me.