Heavy duty lay back posts

GoldenMotor.com

inked1974

Apr 11, 2011
Palo, Iowa
Ink,

Working on a gt2a frame build. Only need about an inch and a half between the bend and before it gets turned down from 1". Looks like it would be about a 75 degree bend. is that do-able?
How much distance of layback would you like? yes this is very doable.

Last edited:

kitesrfun1

Jun 12, 2013
california
Nice work Inked! I'm defentitely interested In the first seat post. Only thing is that my schwinn cantilever frame is holding the post hostage. Any ideas on pulling it out? I've tried oil but no luck, it won't budge. This is my first bike, so I'm sorry if this stupid basic.

inked1974

Apr 11, 2011
Palo, Iowa
I have run into the stuck post issue many times and what I usually do is spray it heavily with PB Blaster and let it sit. I spray it a few times over a couple days and then clamp the post in a bench vice and slowly work free by spinning the frame around the post. Hope that helps! I have never had to get extreme and heat the frame with a torch but that is always an option if you plan to paint it later.

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
IF you're producing these, I'm interested as well, how much to ship to Saskatchewan, Canada? (saay... s6h6l4)

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Nice work, inked.

I've got a layback seatpost that's just about right for me. But yours are just so cool that I'll have to think about getting one.

On the other hand, I came online now to shop for a new rear wheel. Or at least the guts for a coaster brake. I think I might have toasted mine this morning when I re-greased it.

First things first. I'd better get back to my wheel. But I'll try to remember to look this thread up again sometime soon.

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Got my 80 degree post in the other day, fits great! I will get pics once I make a little more progress on the build. It is seriously heavy duty!

Mar 31, 2013
RI
Nice work, inked.

I've got a layback seatpost that's just about right for me. But yours are just so cool that I'll have to think about getting one.

On the other hand, I came online now to shop for a new rear wheel. Or at least the guts for a coaster brake. I think I might have toasted mine this morning when I re-greased it.

First things first. I'd better get back to my wheel. But I'll try to remember to look this thread up again sometime soon.
...high man, i'm new at this stuff myself and recently had my rear coaster-brake wheel lock up on me, thankfully not at speed.

...anyway, thinking i'd destroyed my wheel i upgraded to a new set of matching heavy duty wheels and to make a long story short in the process of swapping out the new coaster-brake wheel for the old one i was forced to educate myself on how they function and how they go together, ...it turns out they are mechanically simple with few moving parts (other than the bearings, lol) that go together fairly simply, you just have to be careful during reassembly not to turn the wheel around as there is a slight 'step' inside the hub that needs to be oriented on the same side as it was on when you disassembled the wheel.

...frankly, it's almost more difficult explaining this on 'paper' than it is to just do it and i learned how by watching 4 or 5 videos on the topic so here is a link where you can go watch a few yourself and learn how to know for sure if you actually did destroy your wheel, lol, ...i bet you didn't.

coaster-brake hub assembly

...oh yeah, one more thing, lol, i love my laid-back seatpost, thanks inked!

hth, bozo

Mar 31, 2013
RI
...here's my bike with the new wheels from CustomMotoredBicycles and my not so new anymore laidback seatpost custom made by our member inked.

...and i hope you don't mind the pic bro, if you do let me know and i'll pull it.

peace, bozo

Last edited:

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
I hate to ask and it most likely sounds stupid but would you know the size of a old Schwinn seat post Ive looked on my post and cant find any markings Id love to have one of your post but have no idea what size I have to start with.