Happy Travels

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i didn't make the beach ride in Venice, but i took Happy with me to Newport Beach on the 4th. this place was a madhouse. i had my video camera hooked up to my backpack for a "shoulder cam," but for some reason, most of the videos came out corrupted, so all i got is a short one where we go to get beer. and it's mostly a video of my mirror.

they had streets shut down all over and the crowds were insane, so i went up Superior hill, which is steeper than a 6% grade. i don't know how steep exactly, but i got a ticket riding my skateboard down it in the 80's, for "skateboarding down a hill steeper than 6% grade."

anyway, you can hear the bike struggle a bit, not much, at first, then it starts to take off with no problem about halfway up.

so, i'm gonna ship Happy back to Joe sometime this week. he's had enough of the roomate's cat.

YouTube - bairdco's Channel

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
C'mon already! send him home, send him somewhere else, just send him! as a world traveler he cant get very far sitting at your house looking at the cat!

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Dan, had to bury that one a little. Figure with his reported alcohol consumpsion, the desire to go wild would work elsewhere on the other finer things in life.

Steve.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Had to go back and look Kicking. That was a BoyGoFast. Man, I beat on that thing just to see what it could take. Did real well. Finally the motor mount failed. I forget which one. Think rear-left. Got lucky with that one. Lasted really well. MB Lotto, lol

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Happy has re-arrived in Ohio, where it's a balmy 90 degrees and no rain for days and days....he missed lot of good riding weather while in transit with all of his goodies via the U.S. Postal Service.

I will be taking him out this afternoon to shoot a couple of pictures of the immediate riding area, which has been improved somewhat since the last time he was here.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i was worried about him. all he had to eat was a bottle of tabasco and a brake noodle...

strange thing, though. now that he's gone, my tools and stuff stay in the same place i put them down at. when he was here, i'd set down a bolt, then when i needed it, it'd be gone, so i'd spend an hour looking for it, only to find it exactly where i put it in the first place.

and he'd be sitting there with that stupid grin on his face:)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
and he'd be sitting there with that stupid grin on his face:)
Har, lol. Ayup, did that to me too.

[rant] Stupid (read above my abilities) English language. We have three to's (to, too and two) and two fours (four and for) And the word lisp is unpronounceable for folks who have one. I ain't never gonna get it. Or not (Knot?) Who's idea was it to spell sword with a W!? Try saying sword with a lisp!!!! People ask "toward what?" Makes ya wanna hide in a grassy knoll with a high powered potato gun and a bull horn[end/rant]

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Hi Anna. Don't let his boyish charms fool ya! lol.

Would be great to see pics of Happy out your way. I bet he would love to fly out. I had thought he was made in Singapore, but is "made in China" on packages.

If you do a local google search, I am sure it will come up too. This is a local one for the US; Biker / Pilot Antenna Ball - Google Product Search They are between $2 and 5 dollars USD. Produced as "Pilot/Biker antenna ball"

Is amazingly well made. Even the his lil goggles have clear plastic in them. Ya know for when he is ridding in the rain or on dusty roads.

Are MBs acceptable and legal in Singapore? Is funny here and varies from state to state.

r.ly.

Last edited: