Ghost0's Motorized Bicycle Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
Re: Ghost0's MB Cruiser

that is a sharp looking motorized bicycle ghost. i really like the way you painted the jack shaft and the tank to all match. nice job (^)

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.

Very nice!!! Looks like you've done all the good tricks to it.
I really like the pipe!! thats what mine will look like when it's done. (just not as shinny)
Hows that jackshaft kit working out?

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.

So have you guys found out what the top speed of these jackshaft bikes are yet? :confused:
FYI, a bike I sold a few days ago with my port work & a 36T sprocket, was clocked at 37 MPH. (^)

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com

So have you guys found out what the top speed of these jackshaft bikes are yet? :confused:
FYI, a bike I sold a few days ago with my port work & a 36T sprocket, was clocked at 37 MPH. (^)
Well Ghost0 just posted 35 mph easy - OK wobbly wheels - so I don't see why a stable bike won't hit 40+, but I fail to see this total fascination with top speed. That's plenty fast and I can guarantee with gears you will get there a heck of a lot quicker.

My bike (test bike #2) has about as LOW as we want to go with a (perhaps) optional supplied gear. Top end is pretty fine, low you can ride comfortably on any dirt trail, back yard, etc.

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.

Well, my total fasination with top speed is the fact that we ride in very fast Los Angeles traffic... and I pesonally feel that it's much safer to be able to keep up with it. ;)

Pablo

Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com

Well, my total fasination with top speed is the fact that we ride in very fast Los Angeles traffic... and I pesonally feel that it's much safer to be able to keep up with it. ;)
Gotcha - hmm...well if your top speed gear on your rear hub is nice and high and you get a nice tall gear on the right of the shaft 50+ mph!!!!!!!!!!

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.

Gotcha - hmm...well if your top speed gear on your rear hub is nice and high and you get a nice tall gear on the right of the shaft 50+ mph!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds great! (^)
After watching that "death race" video 500 times... rotfl... I think I'm ready! :D
But seriously, post how fast you actually can make one go!

dart70ca

May 24, 2008

How do you tension the chains between motor/jackshaft and jackshaft/bottom bracket?
Keith

Pablo

Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com

The engine mounts. Pretty easy. Here's what we currently have in the manual:

Step 10

Right side chain installation

Your engine should be loosely mounted to the frame at this point. The front stock mount should be very loose and the U-bolts on the rear mount should be just loose enough to allow the engine to slide along the seat tube.

1.Force the engine down as far as you can by pushing on the rear mount. Make sure the U-bolts are not getting hung up not allowing the motor to move.
2.Drape your new bike chain over the small sprocket with one end of the chain hanging about 4 inches down toward the rear of the bike. Wrap the remaining chain around the large chainring and up to meet the other end. Now you need to decide how much chain will need to be removed. It may be better to go too short at this time than too long, however never overly force the chain on, you can damage the chain and the freewheel..
3.Shorten your chain as required and install. The best method for this is to fully assemble the chain, place it inside the chainrings and onto the small sprocket. Once it is on the small sprocket, start placing it on the large chainring and slowly start turning the cranks until the chain has been installed. It will take some force to do this and your clutch on your engine will need to be disengaged so that the sprocket can rotate.

If your chain is loose after it has been installed, it may be too long. If it is only a little loose you may be OK, it needs to stay on with not too much slack but not be tight.

Adjust your rear mount to tighten the chain if it is a little loose. When you start running your bike, the force on the motor will twist it slightly and loosen the chain. You will find that you will probably have to adjust your rear mount 2 or three times until everything settles and the chain will remain tight. Remember to loosen your front mount substantially before trying to adjust your rear mount.

NOTE: never overtighten the chain, it can cause damage.

Tighten your rear U-bolt mounts and your front mount. Ensure that the chain remains tight.
Remove the set screws from the small sprocket, apply thread locking material and tighten the set screws.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal

Whoaaa!!!! (^)
That's one nice bike GhostO!
I'm going to check out more on your jackshaft Idea on how you've got the cranks not to spin with the engine. Major props!

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado

Man. Oh Man. That's SMOOTH.
I LOVE how you're not revving out your engine.
You KNOW your engine is just loving you.
I need some money,another china engine and some gears for my trike!

VincenT

Feb 7, 2008

Great????? first I see Datz510's bike with the jackshaft now yours... you guys are just pure inspiration!!! Add another dern project to the list... thanks alot???

okay...now I find out you have a kit??? there's no winning for me??? blasting cabinet or shift kit??? time to sell my bike to fund my new project and buy more tools... I'm glad I worked on my sis's and friend's bike before I started on my other bikes... I would of been pissed if I found out about this 3 finished bikes later...

Last edited: