Gas Cap and bung for the Felt cruisers.

GoldenMotor.com

oldbiker

Jul 21, 2010
Temecula CA.
I did not use any steel wool in my bikes, or JB Weld. I'm not sure, but I think they are trying to help the sealer bridge the holes. I just used masking tape across the holes, and it worked fine. There is a small hole that is blind behind the seat post, where steel wool might help, but I just put a little more sealer in that area. Hopefully guys that used steel wool will describe the benefits of it.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Major thread drift BUT: ( sorry OB ) do you mix JB and the steel wool togather as a matrix / paste or pad the hole with S wool and JB over it? What?

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana
I stuffed the holes then mixed the JB, warmed it with a hair dryer (it helps thin it some) and put it over the steel wool. There is probably a 1/2" plug of JB in my seat post tube.

The Caswell dries into a thick plastic that is still flexible. It is a very heavy duty product.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
COOL! Felt colonoscopy! Thats Awsom! Thanks OB Im sure many have wondered what it really looks like in there. I'm going to carefully study this and see if I gain any further insight or ideas.

smemo666

Jun 20, 2011
Chicago
I did a Felt Twin and I used the steel wool and the JB weld.
I used a camera to see and a grabbing tool to do the job, fairly easy cause I saw what I was doing.
I used the steel to fill the cavity and the JB to add half inch of body to the area.
Then I used the Poor 15 kit to finishing the process.
I didn't know the product that Oldbiker is using. but just for the safeties, I'll do the wool steel again.

I have some pics on my album
Regards.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
OK! Im a going for it! OB; I just made a PayPal payment and "checkout" didnt add anything for shipping. Just took me to PP. Let me know if I owe $ for shipping. I will be documenting a Felt Twin build with a 49cc HS once I have most of the parts assembeled.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
OH MY!! I just opened the package ( finally had time ) What beautiful work! This is a very nice piece! Pictures dont do it justice.

youknouno

May 27, 2012
Florida
Old Biker -
Just some ol' noob, letting you know I subscribed to this thread in anticipation of buying your product. Gonna order up my 1903 here soon. Do you sell other parts?

oldbiker

Jul 21, 2010
Temecula CA.
We sell all parts needed to put a 1903 together and other aluminum framed Felt cruisers. The 1903, and I think all the other bikes with that frame have been discontinued by Felt. Some times you can find one though, on the internet. That is a great frame, hope they will bring it back.

youknouno

May 27, 2012
Florida
Biker -
I cruised thru the Felt site earlier, they have lots of 1903 frames. Do any of you guys' products work on the steel frames?

oldbiker

Jul 21, 2010
Temecula CA.
We currently don't make parts for the steel frames. I like the aluminum frame because it has a bigger tank. Steel is cheaper in cost so I think they like selling those. I know they show the 1903 on their website, but check with any dealers to see if they are available any more. Motostrano sells a lot of Felt bikes on the internet.