Frustrated

GoldenMotor.com

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Finally had some time to get the bike down and fire it up with the adjusted carb.

First thing it started nicely, idled fast and revved well. But like zero power... but it got good and warm for the first time.

I notice as it warms the clutch starts to engage with the lock in place. Dang. Not much more room for adjusting...

Then I shut it down....cooled off...plug is still nasty...then I check the head bolt nuts. Yikes - very loose!! Torqued those....plug too nasty to start from last weeks missadventures.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
you should get the handle i sent you any day now. you will have a lot more throw with it. the one i got with the kit did not have enough. check all them bolts on the engine. ones to head to in and out manifolds. i had to tighten all mine. don't get to frustrated. it will all work out. just one of the bummers from trying to save money on a cheap kit. your motor bicycle will make you real happy when you get all the little bugs out of it. once i did i hardly ever have to mess with it unless i want to.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I forgot to PM you - yes I got the handle today. Thanks - looks nice!

I'm not really frustrated at the bike - I slept in a goofy position last night and got a cranked out neck. PLUS I sliced the crap out of my hand on the cheapie gas tank...... Argggh.....hence my crabby typing...

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
lol. well nothing can upset me i leave for hawaii the day after tomorow. when i get back their will be 2 less weeks of winter left and the sooner i can get my motor bicycle out and play

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hmmmm, so many times I see similar problems.

Pull the round cover, adj the clutch correctly and you can be happy with that part of the machine.

Mike

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
My problem with the clutch when i first tried it was two fold. Mostly it was the darn clutch lever. But it was also that I didn't know that the clutch at first was very very tight. I worked it from the lever on the engine by hand many times before the lever would move it at all. When I installed a different kind of lever it began to work as it should. New clutch problems I was told are very common.

Trust me hang in there and keep working on the problems one at a time. These things can be a nightmare at first. Mine was with the carb. Actually mine was with me I was too dumb to know what I was doing.

I think I have it now and it's a blast. Just hang in there and fight it one battle at a time.