fork seal replacment

GoldenMotor.com

turkman

Nov 12, 2009
burbank,ca
i have a set of hydrolic whizzer forks an they are weak an they leak . I'd like to find a diagram an some info on rebuilding them as they are a prominate feature of my build. Any info would be appreciated thanks

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
i have a set of hydrolic whizzer forks an they are weak an they leak . I'd like to find a diagram an some info on rebuilding them as they are a prominate feature of my build. Any info would be appreciated thanks
turkman this is a little late in posting, www.whizzerusa.com has a diagram in there online catalog. find front fork,click there and the front fork diagram will be displayed. their a little slow in getting back to you but they have the seals.
I shorten my fork tubes a 1 1/2" on my whizzer and i like the feel and ride. i still have the 3" travel. would still like stiffer springs too.

Attachments

Last edited:

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
I'm passing on some info here. Quenton ( he's banned ) says that diagram is only for the 99 Whizzers and Whizzer is out of 99 seals because they were different for 99. He said 2000 & newer had different seals. I (jb) have a 99 & can get seals in my town from a company in my town called "Bearings, Belts & Chain".

Last edited:

mainstreet

Aug 16, 2011
Georgia
Re: Quenton banned. Just so there is no confusion, this is the only forum he was banned from. I don't know all the details of the reason why, but I personally feel it was unjust. There is at least 1 other forum he contributes to and is highly regarded by, as well as being available by email and phone, and is a featured columnist in the monthly Whizzer Newsletter. Quenton is an EXPERT on Whizzers, as are many others on the both forums. I have purchased items from him, and sought his help many times. There may be others on both forums just as knowledgeable and helpful, but Quenton is my personal favorite go to guy for anyhing Whizzer or motorized bicycle related. If you need any info on the other forum, or Quenton's email address or phone #, or how to subscribe to the Whizzer Newsletter, just call me on my cell phone. 770-519-7608

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
...I don't know all the details of the reason why, but I personally feel it was unjust...
No offense intended, but please realize that comment is somewhat self defeating.

Staff does not discuss the details of why members have been banned, it would be disrespectful and unfair as they cannot refute or add any information. Suffice to say we do not take such action lightly. If you wish, you can of course consult with the site administrator directly to dispute or offer your insight.

Scootmeister

Mar 15, 2011
North Carolina
Mason and JB---we use to put a 1" section of PVC pipe on top of motorcycle fork springs to stiffen them up, especially if the springs had weakened from long use. I haven't removed the forks on my 99 WC-1 but was thinking about trying the ole plug fix. My forks were OK until I finished my upgrades and got the speed up, then it got a little squirrely. I might try to contact the company you mentioned JB, my seals started leaking at about 300 miles.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Mason and JB---we use to put a 1" section of PVC pipe on top of motorcycle fork springs to stiffen them up, especially if the springs had weakened from long use. I haven't removed the forks on my 99 WC-1 but was thinking about trying the ole plug fix. My forks were OK until I finished my upgrades and got the speed up, then it got a little squirrely. I might try to contact the company you mentioned JB, my seals started leaking at about 300 miles.
Hey Scootmeister Thanks, this is something i think i can do. best part is you can play with the length of PVC. Ray

Scootmeister

Mar 15, 2011
North Carolina
Hey Whizzerdude, the newer Whizzers have oil in the forks. I think it's 10wt. Someone said you can add brake fluid and it will cause the seals to swell, but I'm afraid it would leak out onto the paint--------no more paint!!!

OG-Whizzerdude

Nov 28, 2011
Blythe, CA
Hey Scootmeister, funny you should mention that. About 52 years ago I carried a can of brake fluid in my jacket pocket on my first Whizzer. I poured it on the belt when I was loaded down with papers for my route. Your right, no more slipping belt and no more paint.