folding motorized 26 inch mountain bike

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle Welding, Fabrication and Paintin' started by kbot6789, Feb 28, 2010.

1. kbot6789

kbot6789 New Member

i just had a question i have a folding frame im thinking about putting a engine kit on it and selling it its a real good sturdy frame that fold just.. don't know what somebody would pay for a one that folds up to go in a car or what not any ideas for one thats restored and folds up ? thanks guys

2. kbot6789

kbot6789 New Member

hey guys heres the idea to motorize this and make it still fold

Attached Files:

#2 kbot6789, Feb 28, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  3. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

MB Monkey and I have been talking about doing one for a while. Staton has a rack mount that looks purty awesome; Motorized Bicycles Detail Page Would be really cool. I was thinking boat folks or a marina would be a great place to offer them. Really looking forward to seeing your build.

4. kbot6789

kbot6789 New Member

seems like a good idea im just trying to post pics of my folding frame but the computer is being evil again i think it hate me

5. diceman2004

diceman2004 New Member

just think ahead - folding bike = portable = put in the trunk = gas tank is sideways .

you want to have a gas tank that doesn,t leak when its full and sittins in its side .

float bowls , yada yada yada

6. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

Hey, ya got it. (pics)

Looks like it might be a tuff build, but gonna be cool

7. Humsuckler

Humsuckler New Member

the gas tank wouldn't be such a hard thing to find (weedeater)
    however.... the float bowl would surley leak if it was laid over.

8. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

Wouldn't fit in a car trunk Hum, but for just that, (gas spilling) I was thinking a box that would hold it upright. Just thoughts I had. Really think a folder MB is a great idea. The small motors, you can flip 360 and no gas will leak.

GX35

9. kbot6789

kbot6789 New Member

i was thinkink about making the tank removable with a couple quick releases

10. Humsuckler

Humsuckler New Member

yea that could be done, you can buy quick disconnect fuel fittings if you search hard enough. they work almost like airhose couplers.

but you still have the carbs float! especially on the HT's. the only way around that would be to adapt a walbro type vaccum carb. totally possibble.

11. Norman

Norman LORD VADER Moderator
    Staff Member

just drain the carb,along with the fuel tank. I sometimes take 2 bikes with me in the car trunk.
    remove the front wheel and if I need to remove the rear wheel. Most of the carbs have that sorry little drain screw on them.
    It takes about 30 minutes to either put both together again or take them apart to travel.
    So far no problems except the old lady doesn't like it when I take off on the bikes with my brother in law. We're gone most of the day out riding in the country in Mo.