Flying motorized bicycles

GoldenMotor.com

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Re: Flying MBs

I don't much about flying parachutes, BUT I'm sitting here thinking the flying parachutes I've seen a lot of the preparation to fly involves laying the chute out correctly behind the device that you sit in. Be it a boat or something with wheels. I've watched a guy spend lots of time laying out the chute making sure cords are straight and not tangled. Getting the chute spread correctly so that it inflates when the prop blast hits Well imagine trying to do that in a boat out in the water. Just something to think about.......................

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Yes, that is one of the big unknowns fo'sho. What I am hoping will happen (LOL, I know) is that the chute and tethers will right them selves in path of least resistance reaction to the chute wanting to spread down stream as the boat's head is pointed upstream. In watching vids of chutes opening, they are easily inspected for tangles before take off. Looking up at a wet parachute should be fun. If water take off is not possible, will still be able to do it conventually from land. Thats my big contingency plan, rotfl

Did you guys/gals, buds and pals see Hiker's new emoticon? Pretty dang cool!!! .fly

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL

HI ALL, A COUPLE YRS AGO I PAID $100 FOR BLUEPRINTS AND VIDEOS FOR POWERED PARACHUTE. I THINK YOU CAN BUY USED UNITS CHEAPER AND BETTER. I THINK THE POWERED CHUTE IS THE SAFER AND EASIER WAY TO FLY. NONE OF MY TREE CREW WOULD BE THE TEST PILOT rotfl SO I PUT IT ON THE BACK BURNER. MONEY MAY HAVE HAD SOME RESTRAINING EFFECT ALSO rotfl YOU CAN BUY KIDS KITES THAT ARE AIR FOIL LIKE THE CHUTES. WE HAVE ONE HERE, IT IS INTERESTING AND STABLE. A CONFIDENCE BUILDER = NEED ALL OF THAT I CAN GET. YOU COULD LAND A BOAT WITH CHUTE AND IDLE TO SHORE KEEPING CHUTE IN THE AIR. I DOUBT YOU COULD EVER DEPLOY ONE FROM THE WATER. THE AIR CHAMBERS HAVE LARGE FRONT OPENING AND SMALLER REAR DISCHARGE TO KEEP THEM INFLATED. WIND LIMITS WHEN YOU CAN FLY A CHUTE. FIXED WING ULTRA LITES ARE BEST ON A BOAT. VERY IMPRESSIVE WHAT THEY ARE DOING WITH ALL THAT TEC.. KEEPS GETTING BETTER, AND BETTER MATERIALS. JUST MY 2 CENTS. RON

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL

Yes, My Sedaments Also. I SHOULD BE LOOKING AT A LARGE RECLINER (WITHOUT THE CHUTE!!) My Ex Girl Friend Said; My Gray Hair Makes Me Look Extinguished. She Should Talk!! She Put My Fire Out!! Don`t Mind Me, I Had Too Much Coffee Today!!.fly .boogy1a .blady

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Ron, very cool and thanks for the input. The funny part about trying to figure out which wing to use is I flip flop every 3 minutes. Typical of my "thoughting, never satisfied. A MB is not good enough, I have to make one that can fly. Then thats not enough, now it has to be a boat too. But if this works it has some great uses. Flood and ice rescue. Patrol. I would love to come up with some thing truly original just once and not assemble other's creations that could be of help to the world. Then make gobs of money from it. rotfl

So what I am thinking is build what attaches the boat/MB to the wing so that it can accept either a hang glider, chute or auto gyro wing and experiment with all 3 as cash flow allows.

Ilika, I was kidding about JAT but was just below having a smoke and thinking; "....but would be cool.." hehe, put an oil drip and make em smoke. That would would be impressive lookin'! (on the youtube vid of the crash)

just never satisfied.

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan

Speaking od powered parachutes, aren't those a bit safer where there are no trees? Generally, when ever I've seen them being used, it's always in desolate areas, at least where there are no trees. I know that up here where I live, in the dense forest, nobody wants them and I wonder why.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL

ABOUT THE TREES, I WILL TRY TO FIND THE ADDRESS FOR THE YOU TUBE VIDEO. SOMETHING LIKE "PPC FOR MORONS" TANDEM FLIGHT. TIED TOGETHER WITH ROPES, ROPE COMES UNTIED, HANGING BY ANKLE ROPES, PILOT TELLS HIS BUDDY, I GO THRU THE TREES, JUST GRAB A LIMB!!rotfl RON

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

ABOUT THE TREES, I WILL TRY TO FIND THE ADDRESS FOR THE YOU TUBE VIDEO. SOMETHING LIKE "PPC FOR MORONS" TANDEM FLIGHT. TIED TOGETHER WITH ROPES, ROPE COMES UNTIED, HANGING BY ANKLE ROPES, PILOT TELLS HIS BUDDY, I GO THRU THE TREES, JUST GRAB A LIMB!!rotfl RON
LOL! oh lord Has to be a "Hey y'all, watch this" moment. I looked for that vid but can not find it. If you find it, please post Ron

No matter what wing I try, my goal only second to the whole not hitting the ground thing, is not hitting any thing in the air. Of all the things I have bounced off of, trees hurt almost as much as the ground. Some times more. rotfl

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL

DAN, I FOUND HIM, HE HAS ABOUT 5 VIDEOS ON THERE UNDER "YOU TUBE VIDEOS 444 PARAFLYER" PUNCH THAT INTO YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH ENGINE. I JUST SEEN ONE OF HIS I HAD NOT SEEN BEFORE. RECENTLY I HAD A CHECK UP.. I ASKED THE DOCTOR, IF I QUIT DRINKING, SMOKING AND CHASING WOMEN WILL I LIVE LONGER ??? HE SAID; NO, IT WILL JUST SEEM LIKE IT!!rotfl dance1 RON

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL

FAIRRACING; I DIDN`T KNOW YOU COULD FLY, DID YOU MESS YOUR PANTALOONS!!rotfl IT LOOKS REAL TO ME. JUST BEFORE LANDING, FALLING BACKWARDS WITH POWER ON THAT WOULD HAVE SLOWED THE FALL. THE GROUND CONTACT LOOKS A BIT STRANGE! FOR SURE HE HAD SKID MARKS SOMEWHERE!! rotfl DID YOU WATCH THE MORON VIDS?? RON .boogy1a .fly

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

I believe that to be real. If staged, brilliant!! If that guy really did have a failure of that magnitude, Has to be one of the all time best pilots on Earth. There was an Israeli fighter pilot who made it home on one wing.

Looking for some supporting evidence that it is or is not real.
In The Spotlite: Incredible Pilot Lands on Only One Wing - Video

Not finding any news agency's reporting on it. Bummer. Be great if real.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

rotfl Thanks I likeabikea....I thought thier was something funny by the way it bounced. I must say they did one good of a job faking it. rotfl

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL

ILIKEA; I GUESS YOU BLEW THAT ONE OTTA THE SKY!!rotfl. I WAS A LITTLE SUSPICIOUS OF THE OUT OF FOCUS ALSO, BUT WAS THINKING IT MAY HAVE BEEN REAL. THANKS. DAVID, YOU SURE KNOW HOW TO FIND THINGS ON THE NET. I THOUGHT THE MORON HAD ONLY ABOUT FIVE VIDS, THERE ARE 36. DAN, DID YOU FIND THEM ALL? IF YOU FALL OR LAND INTO THE WATER (WITHOUT A BOAT ATTACHED) THE CHUTE AND CORDS WILL COME DOWN OVER YOU, WOULD BE BAD IF WATER IS DEEP.:eek: RON .bf.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Ron, no. I had not considered getting tangled up in the lines or wing. (had thought a bit about seat restraints being a possible problem) Is a thought that needs to be addressed with or with out a boat. I spent 16 yrs in the Merchant Marine and it is a big worry. As yet, all's I can think of is velcroing a straight blade knife in easy reach of either hand. I won't go near the water or a boat with out one on my hip or in my pocket for just that reason.

Bummer the stunt plane vid is a fake. Looked great. A very well done hoax.