First Build Is Up And Running Well....

GoldenMotor.com

RONNY_ODELL

May 27, 2008
Arab Al. (close to Huntsville Al.
GOT IT GOING AND BEEN RIDING IT TO WORK ,,,,, I SURE GET ALOT OF FUNNY LOOKS ,,,, AND IT MAKES IT WORTH THE RIDE JUS TO SEE PEOPLE LOOKING AT ME ..... I GOT LUCKY ON MY SPROCKET IT WAS A PRESS FIT OVER MY HUB SO GETTING IT ALLINED WASNT TOO BAD... HAD A BOLT COME OUT OF CLITCH HANDLE TODAY AT WORK BUT WAS PLANNING ON REPLACING THAT ANY WAY LATER.... ANY WAY LET ME KNOW WHAT YALL THINK IN MY FIRST BUT NOT LAST BUILD.... I ALREADY PLAN ON PORTING EXHAUST NEXT WEEK ...IT CAN ONLY GET BETTER AND MORE FUN FROM HERE LOL .. SEE YA

Attachments

Last edited:

RONNY_ODELL

May 27, 2008
IM ONLY RIDING 2 AND HALF MILES TO WORK ,,,, BUT IF I GO RIGHT TO STORE FIRST TO GET BREAKFAST ( AND FUNNY LOOKS ) I CAN STRECH IT OUT TO ABOUT 7 MILES ROUND TRIP PER DAY ....,,, MAN I LUV THIS BIKE ,,, CAINT WAIT TILL I GET THE MOON DOG FIXED UP ,,, I LEARNED A FEW THINGS ON THIS PRACTICE BUILD ..... AND GOT A FEW NEW THINGS IN MIND ALSO.... GOING TO TRY TO GET MOON DOG FIXED GOOD AND PROPER THEN SEE HOW MANY MILES I CAN PUT ON THIS MOTOR BEFORE I HAVE TO BREAK DOWN AND REPLACE IT OR REBUILD IT ... MANY MANY MANY I HOPE .... :ride2:

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Looks like a DAX 36T on the rear. If so, then, that is the way I engineered the 36T was to be a nice fit so no hassles with any elliptical orbit on the sprocket. IT is a total hassle when you have an air gap there. Where did you get your kit? What size motor is it? Looks like a perfect fit to me. Ride safe... and..Enjoy the ride..

RONNY_ODELL

May 27, 2008
WELL to be all honest Dax... it came from you .... rotfl i guess you can tell yours from ohters huh ? any way its doing good so far with very little issues. only problem i have had so far it the clutch handle bolt came out .... (easy fix) that and keeping all the guys at work off it ( hard fix ) only got about 25 miles on it so far..... caint open it up yet,,,, but i think it will run much better with a 03 to 1 ratio in it and be able to find the "sweet " spot on the throttle.... i plan on porting the exhaust pretty soon so the air flow goes better ... feels like it has it holding it back,,, but man i really like this motor... i plan on putting it on a moon dog later.... thia is the 70cc kit ... think ill go with a bigger sproket next time ,,,, as this kit goes plenty fast enough at half throttle so ill get a 40 tooth next time for better pulling on hills ... yall be good till next time :ride2:

Last edited:

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Nice looking motorized bicycle. And I love the "looks" people give you. They just can't believe you built that. :DYou'll be surprised how much better it runs after you get it broken in...................................

RONNY_ODELL

May 27, 2008
HEY GUYS I PLANNING ON PLACING THIS KIT ON A MOON DOG.. SEEN IT HERE AND AT WALLY WORLD.... ANY WAY I SEEN A BLUE ONE ON EBAY AND LIKE IT BETTER THAN THE ORANGE ONE ,,, BUT THE TUBES GOING TOWARDS FRONT OF BIKE FROM THE BACK ARE ROUNDED TOWARDS THE INSIDE TO WHERE THE MOTOR WILL SIT ,,,, ANY OF YOU GUYS GOT ONE ON THE BLUE MOON DOG AND IF SO DOES THOSE BARS GOING DOWNWARD BOTHER ANE CLEARANCE PROBLEMS??? THANX GUYS
:ride2:

Last edited:

UncleKudzu

May 26, 2008
Deep in the American South
well, Ronny, you give me hope that everybody's favorite vendor actually does ship below the Mason-Dixon line. i've been waiting 21 days now to see some positive action in my shipping status ...

OTOH, if your experience is any indication, i can expect a good solid kit :) sounds like you're having a big time with yours! keep us updated.