Felt cruiser project

Discussion in 'Motorized Cruiser Bicycles' started by jim_himself, Jun 6, 2011.

1. jim_himself

jim_himself New Member

Well i just ordered this awesome felt cruiser (pictured below, the really new looking one) and don't know what to do with it engine wise. I want lots of low end and mid end power, but don't need huge amounts of top end. My current bike, (the silver mountain bike), has a gp460 engine that is just too loud and lacks low end, despite being able to pull me over 50mph. Im looking to find out what i should do as far as engines go, i was thinking a shift kit since it has a three speed hub. Definitely going to be in frame though. Thanks in advance for any help.
    -jimmy

Attached Files:

2. oldbiker

oldbiker New Member

I'm building one of those two. Great bike for a motor. Strong rims, front brakes, big tires, built in gas tank.

3. darkhawk22

darkhawk22 New Member

Looks like it will be a great motorbike!

4. jim_himself

jim_himself New Member

Well its here now and the thing is beautiful. My only complaint is that the drum brake has zero stopping power. I cant decide what to do as far as the engine and i am open to suggestions.

5. Dogtown Burner

Dogtown Burner New Member

hey man did you forge ahead with the felt? great bikes. VMB uses them primarily. I have a question- I want to put a 460 on a beach cruiser and frame mount the engine. no one seems to have done this. probably reasons. you state a lack of low end. have you tried a 56 tooth rear sprocket? and was it easy to put a "large chain" sprocket on the engine?