Engine Noise

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Russell, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Russell

Russell Active Member

I am breaking in a 2 cycle china. The engine makes a pinging noise(perhaps it is a detonation).
    Kinda sounds like a diesel engine. I have 50 mi on the engine. Is this sound normaL? The fuel mixture is 32/1

Attached Files:

2. reg454

reg454 New Member

DO you have a cetrifical clutch hooked up on your motor?

3. Russell

Russell Active Member

Yes I do have a centrifigual clutch. Doesn,t sound like the c-clutch but I can't rule that out.

Thanks

Russ

4. Retmachinist

Retmachinist New Member

These Chinese 2 strokes make so many wierd noises I quit worrying about it. Some of them make a whining noise, some a knocking noise. Just ride it, if it blows up buy another one. At this price they are almost disposible.

John

5. Russell

Russell Active Member

Great attitude LOL

6. Cabinfever1977

Cabinfever1977 New Member

its probally just the clutch cover or the chain making noises.

7. reg454

reg454 New Member

When i was a kid and had a minibike the centi clutch made pinging noises. Also my kit make alot of noise from the clutch cover I take it off and teir is alot less noise comming from their. I am thinking about just leaving it off.

8. Cabinfever1977

Cabinfever1977 New Member

i might take off my clutch cover and take it for a ride and see if there is less noise.
    right now mine sounds like someones rubbing a pot with a spoon,lol. i already tried putting on 3 gaskets.

9. Shadeslay

Shadeslay New Member

My newest one rattles something fierce. When I put my hands on the cooling fins it's much quieter. I knew the fins could make noise, but had no idea they could be that loud. In the process of finding an old fan belt to cut up, to wedge small pieces in between the fins and see if that helps.

#9 Shadeslay, Jun 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  10. brisbane_boy

brisbane_boy New Member

yer every so often mine makes a weird noise. if i ride it enought it just goes away :).
    or i get amune to it. good old chineese know how to make a musical instument aswell.

11. Bikeguy Joe

Bikeguy Joe Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

Sometimes that "pinging noise" can be attributed to the mounts being loose, believe it or not. In most cases it sounds like detonation, something these 6.5:1 compression ratio engines are not really capable of. Also, the bushed engines have a lot of top end noise (99.6% harmless)