enforced social engineering is getting worse

GoldenMotor.com

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
folks are being made so crazy by all this that they increasingly act out their rage - many more incidents of road rage and fist fights at bars and gatherings - today, the third customer of mine this year got jacked up at gunpoint and had his bike stolen - three this year and not even in same part of the city

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
just dug out my old stamp set from when I used to stamp new frames and motor cases with correct vin when I replaced old ones at the cycle shop back in the 70s - thinking I may offer to stamp motors for my customers to help in IDing stolen ones

Reactions: Dan

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Excuse me crassius. Are you saying that American society is being socially engineered to be more violent for example by action movies with a lot of fighting, some types of sports or this may be far fetched by the war on drugs, and this is manifesting itself in shooting of innocent people in public places, road rage, street fights and even within the motorbicycling hobby?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
no, I'm saying that they are being messed with by having everything that they were raised to believe was 'right' and 'normal', is now suddenly wrong and causing so much internal angst for them that they act out bizarrely and extremely

Reactions: KevininPa

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
I was going to ask you for one or two examples of what was right back in the day and is now looked at as wrong and among some individuals this has caused an inner frustration to the extent that they act out with irrational violence but I may have already crossed the line into politics. I would think that a different point of view of what was once right and is now wrong would cause apathy towards the system. It might be an interesting subject to read what some scholars' opinions are on this subject.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
isn't really a right or wrong to it in the abstract

social media acts like two groups with opposite opinions of right/wrong, and they are willing to inflate anything into a witch hunt to track down and humiliate members of the opposite opinion

not politics but social media gone predatory enough to cause unbearable stress on many folks

Reactions: Tony01 and Dan

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I agree. Division is the enemy, fo' sho. There is profit in getting folks worried.

...and the insecure are more apt to act out in none rational, over reactionary ways.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Times have surely changed, when I was a kid we would go to town and leave our front door open, we didn't have a/c so we had screen doors. When we got home a couple hours later there would sometimes be a dime or two laying next to out phone which was just inside the door, several neighbors didn't have phones so they would use ours. Fast forward to today and I wouldn't leave home without locking up.

Reactions: Tony01

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I don't understand the road rage phenomenon. Seems we would have had more road rage back in the day when most roads we only 2 lane or back during the dreaded 55mph national speed limit.
If you voice an opinion on-line these days on some political issue, you are immediately labelled as liberal or conservative. Fact is, most Americans are a combination of both, mixed with some libertarianism.
-Don't allow people to label you and do not consider those who disagree with you to be deranged or diseased.
-People's beliefs are based on what they have experienced, in most cases, We all have different experiences. Name calling and such will not convince someone to believe as you do.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
part of the problem may be that instead of children being raised by their family and taught family beliefs and values (flawed though they may be), the children are now raised by minimum wage daycare and preschool workers that are only allowed to say and teach politically correct ideals that somehow fail to address real world situations

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Yeah this is the result of the liberal agenda! Divide and conquer. Make people angry at the current president for tackling the handling of illegal immigrant children problem which was actually started by a democrat president. Angry at cops killing blacks when its blacks that kill the most blacks. Blaming the president for having the balls to say what is on the tip of everybody's tongue... that we dont want people from $hithole countries... :D :D :D

part of the problem may be that instead of children being raised by their family and taught family beliefs and values (flawed though they may be), the children are now raised by minimum wage daycare and preschool workers that are only allowed to say and teach politically correct ideals that somehow fail to address real world situations
Abso-fn-lutely!! Yep the kids are getting brainwashed by the liberal left leaning min wage workers with too much time on their hands that love to spread fake news on facebook and instagram. had to say this before this topic gets shut down!!

Reactions: coltondt

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
social media acts like two groups with opposite opinions of right/wrong, and they are willing to inflate anything into a witch hunt to track down and humiliate members of the opposite opinion

not politics but social media gone predatory enough to cause unbearable stress on many folks
This. For this reason I made a decision to only use social media to talk bikes. For that it's great. Forums are still the best medium for discussions of any kind however.

Reactions: coltondt

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Ha! Nailed it! You have to be taught to be nice, to respect other people's stuff, to treat others as you would want to be treated, etc. Nobody is born that way.

TXepikat

Jul 16, 2018
It’s really messed up out there. I don’t go out and walk my dog without a pistol in my pocket and wouldn’t go riding a bike or motorcycle without one. I know that seems to add to the madness but my family fought in several wars to give me the right to do the things that I consider good clean fun. I refuse to be a victim to someone who wants to rob me of those freedoms. God Bless America