Emergency Kit?

GoldenMotor.com

Russntustin

Nov 18, 2008
Southern California
What do you people carry on the bike as far as an emergency kit? (not band-aids or just a cell phone for road side assistance!) If there has been a lot of talk on this...I would appreciate a link.
I always had kits on my dirt bikes (and my road bikes) and although I haven't got my motor-bike on the road yet (close!) I'm already thinking about this emergency kit.

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
extra spark plug, Screw driver, Vice grips, small adjustable wrench, pull straps, Extra light batterys, Gloves and a windbreaker, and a few common screws and nuts, cable and lock. Tire patch and pump if I go further

donuts31

Nov 9, 2008
Colorado
Spare tire tube, patches, compact bike multi-tool set (has allen wrenches, normal screw drivers, wrenches, etc...)

In addition: spare plug, spare cdi, spare magneto, latex gloves, studs, nuts, bolts, spare roller tensioner, 2 oz of castor oil (perfect for 1/2 gallon of fuel), zip ties, small pack of wet wipes, 20 dollar bill, calling card, 9mm handgun in city, 357 magnum in mountains

hill climber

Sep 11, 2008
paso robles, california
all of the above plus a small section of chain, just a few links, and a second master link. i had a chain break on a narrow link, i had my just a few links and in a couple minutes was on my way.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I used to carry tools.
I used them once, and that was voluntary...I decided to lube the gears in the Autozone parking lot....

Never needed any when I was out there.

ZnsaneRyder

Nov 21, 2008
FLORIDA
My backpack mounted on my trailer is my emergency kit, and grocery bag when carrying items back home.

I carry an extra drivebelt, nuts & bolts, screwdrivers, two 7/16 wrenches, 10mm wrench, 8mm wrench, 1/2 inch wrench, adjustable wrench, vise grips, hex wrenches, quart of motor oil, funnel, can of WD-40, pliers. I use to carry more, but had to lighten the weight.

It's better to have everything with you if something breaks or needs adjustment, rather than having to pedal home to work on it.

Last edited:

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
10 mm, 13 mm, 14 mm, and 15 mm Wrenches
6" adjustable wrench
Philips Screwdriver
Flat Head Screwdriver
Needle nose pliers
Tire pump
Presta valve adapter
Spare tube
patch kit
Spare chain and master links.
Spare spark plug
plastic bag to hold broken chain
spare brake cable (will also work for clutch)
Light and rear flasher
padlock for my "trunk"

I'm sure I forgot something but I carry a lot in my "trunk".
scratg

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I carry two 7/16" wrenches, 1/2"-9/16" wrench, 6" adjustable two allen wrenches, needle-nose, one phillips, one flat screwdriver, six tiewraps...all in comfortable shoes' toolbag.

The tools slip out of the toolbag so I wrap it in a dirty tee-shirt and stuff it in my "Green" grocery bag along with umbrella, today's newspaper, water bottle.

This fits in my front basket, but no room for groceries....

so I NEED a pusher trailer for errands..elec.

theonlyhek

Jul 20, 2008
Treasure Coast, FL
Spare tire tube, patches, compact bike multi-tool set (has allen wrenches, normal screw drivers, wrenches, etc...)

In addition: spare plug, spare cdi, spare magneto, latex gloves, studs, nuts, bolts, spare roller tensioner, 2 oz of castor oil (perfect for 1/2 gallon of fuel), zip ties, small pack of wet wipes, 20 dollar bill, calling card, 9mm handgun in city, 357 magnum in mountains
Me too! I have to carry guns whenever I go through the city on my bike... lol!