Electric Terratrike Rover

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
You bet they are super, I put some up 3 years ago, and last year put some in my shed. And this fall put some of the led's that screw in the old socket with the wings to adjust on angles. in my garage............Curt

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Don't worry Greg, we dress for the weather. Winter is just the season running around nekid is no fun.

I posted Tom Bradshaw's set up for Silver Bear to ponder on. The idea of having you tubes of trail riding in Northern Wi to watch while pedaling your Tadpole in the comfort of your family room just kinda blew me away conceptually. Makes that 70" screen a kinda indispensable (^)

Still a 3spd hub Rover asking $600 just a half hour south of me. I may need a bullet proof vest if I buy another toy.

Tom
Tom, regarding the 3 speed Rover. Mine is eight speed as most of them are. I think 3 speed would be limiting unless where you will ride is pretty flat or very easy hills or have really strong legs. Walking a trike up a hill isn’t fun. If you plan to electrify it then you have as much help as you want on hills so that changes things. Something to consider…
SB

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Interesting bike. Should be fun getting in and out of. The best one with a legal e motor in your country, 500w in Canada and 750w in the U.S. and pedal capable is $6,032 U.S. plus the shipping.

That's $7.781 Canadian. Add 15% for taxes on the purchase price and the shipping.

Steve.

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
SB, have you seen this? Northern Light Motors | The Future of E Bikes
My first thought is coach work is way too expensive. I could see form ribs and strong back lasered by Chesaspeake Light Craft Visit Our Showroom (clcboats.com) and building a body shell cedar strip canoe style. NLM is pretty cool.

Tom
A cedar strip body would be fantastic and would make a wonderful project…for someone more ambitious than me. I’m enjoying riding my old over as it is.
SB

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Tom, I looked around and the last I could find about the Aptera was in 2021 and that lead nowhere. With everything they promised they would have to get it passed the federal safety people and all the crash tests. They are claiming it would do 90mph. I can't imagine it would survive speeds that high if crashed.

Another fancy pipe dream I would guess.

Steve.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon