E-bike battery output power connector?

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I thing that is the battery charger port. The link to battery page shows the outlet port on the opposite side of this, third photo down on the battery page.

Steve.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
That's a XLR port >

This is the XLR plug you need >

They have choice of $3 and $6 version on this page > https://electricscooterparts.com/batterychargerconnectors.html

*They have other XLR ones on the page that have adapters that may work with the charger you want to use without needing to "wire up" the plug.
Thanks bud, thats what I need!, I'll see if anyone local has it.

I thing that is the battery charger port. The link to battery page shows the outlet port on the opposite side of this, third photo down on the battery page.

Steve.
This battery has the charger built in, it's in the black part with the connections, the connector you mention on the other side is for a standard 115VAC appliance power cord for the charger ;-}

Save

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Fry's Electronics has the connector I need but it comes at a heavy cost...
$3.79 total price store pick-up, and my local Fry's is a staggering 2 miles away!

I will muster up the will and fortitude to brave the trip in this overcast 75F weather for my customer!

Well, not exactly, my sister in law is going to go get it right now on her own dime, but the sentiment is the same ;-}

Thanks again SilentRider ;-}

Last edited:
Reactions: mbearden

SilentRider

Aug 19, 2014
Massachusetts
Fry's Electronics has the connector I need but it comes at a heavy cost...
$3.79 total price store pick-up, and my local Fry's is a staggering 2 miles away!

I will muster up the will and fortitude to brave the trip in this overcast 75F weather for my customer!

Well, not exactly, my sister in law is going to go get it right now on her own dime, but the sentiment is the same ;-}

Thanks again SilentRider ;-}
I'm jealous for two reasons-
1) We don't have Fry's stores here in New England.
2) It's 21 degrees here right now and with the wind chill factor it's 5.
I've only been able to tolerate 2 short bike rides since the end of October. I've been checking into moving to AZ or TX. 50+ years of winters is just too much.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I'm jealous for two reasons-
1) We don't have Fry's stores here in New England.
Bummer 4U, we have 2 Fry's in the metro Phoenix area, one on each end of town, but we are a big city, 6th largest actually, but it's all spread out.

The trick is to pick where you want to live by whats around it, and I am in the 'sweet spot' for what suits my needs.

2) It's 21 degrees here right now and with the wind chill factor it's 5.
I've only been able to tolerate 2 short bike rides since the end of October. I've been checking into moving to AZ or TX.
50+ years of winters is just too much.
50+ minutes of real winter is enough for me and why I live here ;-}

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I think that is the battery charger port.
The link to battery page shows the outlet port on the opposite side of this, third photo down on the battery page.

Steve.
It appears you were right Steve!
I still can't get my head around this battery, it is supposed to have a built in charger but the switched 50VDC is on the output of the AC appliance cord input, and it has that 3 pin charger connector which the key switch does not effect.

I plugged it into 110VAC to charge it, but it must be some really tricky circuit to put out 50VDC from the same plug.

SilentRider

Aug 19, 2014
Massachusetts
Guess I should have paid more attention to the thread title than the photo. I thought you were looking for a connector to adapt a external charger that had a different plug. I don't see anything that indicates the battery has a charger built into it. The XLR port on the battery is where you plug in external charger. The "Outlet" port Steve pointed out is for power to the motor. This other similar battery on Amazon shows the charger and power outlet connector.
https://www.amazon.com/LI-Battery-Rechargeable-Battery-Electric-Bicycle/dp/B01LWNPJFD/ref=pd_sbs_468_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01LWNPJFD&pd_rd_r=6DA696Z3Z1JDGY2Y7WK5&pd_rd_w=7Y5Hh&pd_rd_wg=Op4C3&psc=1&refRID=6DA696Z3Z1JDGY2Y7WK5

This looks like what you need to connect battery to motor. It's a right angle plug so it won't stick out much when plugged into the battery and run to the motor. > https://electricscooterparts.com/powercords.html

Looks like you'll want to mount the battery so the ports are facing the seat, not the tail of bike.

Last edited:

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Thanks KC. My batteries had the same port marked as the charger port and had the same cover to keep the charger port clean.

SilentRider is right I think. I don't see a built in charger in the photo where the top is off the battery. The wires go right to the battery from the charger port and there is no battery charger visible.

Steve.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I must have been heavily medicated the day I bought this battery, I was under the impression it had the charger build in.
It's not, but no biggie, I still don't feel any pain from the purchase ;-}

That 115VAC Appliance Connector is the key-switched 50VDC output, and I just need to buy a charger that plugs into the 3 connector round port.

No Biggie, and I suppose it makes sense to use a common appliance cord connection when you are talking 30 amps bursts, the wiring can handle it and as a bonus it tucks away nice.

The battery slides onto the back rack via a battery long track and locks into place.

It has a nice little handle and charge indicator at the back so she can pull the battery off easily and take it in to charges it, or charge it on the bike.

Now for the fun part of building an e-bike...
Wiring in the controller.

This is what separates the men from the boys...

I am not talking about what useless wires you can cut off and how to hook up what you want need from the controller wiring diagram on the box...

I am talking about getting back up from the floor when I'm done!

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
KC, you had me right until the end with that one. When ever I have to get down on the floor I have at least 3 escape routes planned in case some of them fail and I'm stuck there.

Watching this build closely since I have the motor and it needs to be paired with a battery.
It will be interesting to see the completion and how it works out.

Steve.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
KC, you had me right until the end with that one.
When ever I have to get down on the floor I have at least 3 escape routes planned in case some of them fail and I'm stuck there.
Damn right, I took a little spill yesterday and felt like that old woman on the 'life alert' commercial years ago...

"HELP! I've fallen and I can't get up!..."

I use to laugh at that, it's not so funny now and that really sucks.

Last edited:

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
My mother lived to 103 1/2. One night when she was 101, I heard her land hard in her bedroom which fortunately had really good carpet and padding. I was the first one to reach her and she looked up at me and say "Help, I've fallen and I can get up." Then she says "I always wanted to say that."

And your all too right. It isn't funny anymore. Especially as your looking around to find a way to get up while hoping no one saw or heard you.

Even less funny in the middle of a Walmart parking lot as a dozen helping hands try to help you get up.

Steve.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Those kind have a bottom discharge port as well as a side one. So when it slides in and locks in place it plugs into the controllr at the same time.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I am still waiting on the charger to come in, but the 24" Electric DreamCicle 3-speed shifter is done.

With ~600W and a 3-speed the petite lady customer will be flying down the road hehe ;-}