Do you consider this front mount safe?

GoldenMotor.com

Strictlybizzness007

Jul 15, 2020
I plan to get longer studs (yes I know the locknuts are on the very end) The question is do you guys think that sandwiching these two metal plates on the frame and then running the studs through it to secure it to the bike is a bad idea do you think this will break easily?
7381751D-8404-4B78-9B22-29759217F243.png

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Can you delete the rear "plate"? That would buy you a bit more roomso your studs will be long enough.
It's ok to use a dremel or a sanding drum and modify the engine mount as to accommodate the frame tube, just don't over do it.

Also, a nut only technically has to be on.... threads sticking out past the nut are just thread sticking out.

Strictlybizzness007

Jul 15, 2020
I’m not concerned about the front studs because I can always buy longer ones but I need your opinion on the two metal plates that I’m using to mount the engine do you think this will cause too much vibration If you look at the pictures carefully the bottom of the engine mount in the front does not sit completely flush on the top plate this bothers me but at the same time I want to ride and I just want to get out on the street and try my new bike

FOG

Mar 3, 2019
And I don’t think I could delete the rear mount it is part of the engine and fits perfectly to the tube
Joe wasn't talking about your rear mount. He was thinking you could delete the rear plate off of the front mount and get a better fit. You should at least try it.

Reactions: Bikeguy Joe

Strictlybizzness007

Jul 15, 2020
Ahh ok . I used two of the front mounting plates to create the “sandwich” . I’ll look at it tonight. When I first put it on without the top plate in between the engine and the frame the engine moves from Side to side a little.

Strictlybizzness007

Jul 15, 2020
Update. I tried running the bike got it to run 3 times momentarily. Rear drive sprocket screws came loose immediately and brushed with brake arm. Got those tightened up got to threadlock em too. Mount stayed tight? (Barely got any run time). I’m kinda frustrated. Fixed leaky gas hose as it was too fat and the clamp won’t clamp onto carb. Also when I pedal my leg keeps hitting the choke moving it.