Dean and Pipelyne - I hate to do this

GoldenMotor.com

Nov 25, 2011
Kansas
This is not something I typically do and I feel bad about it. I purchased a boxer minus fork and engine. I paid for my bike on Nov 29th and was told I would receive everything in about three weeks. I was told it shipped around the 15th. I waited a week or so and didn't receive anything. Called Dean quite a few times and finally got him. That ended up being someone else's. No big deal. People make mistakes. He said it would be another week. Waiting on a sprocket. Thats fine. Weeks went on and he told me he was waiting on the stiffer spring for the rear shock. Still didn't receive anything. I finally received the frame, pipe, and swingarm on Jan 10th. I called Dean because I was expecting all of my parts. Not just these and he said he sent me those parts so I could get started. Ok cool. He told me the rest of the parts went out two days after. The frame shipped on the 3rd so I should have received everything. I have not been able to get ahold of him. I have been extremely understanding and accommodating during this process but have not lost my patience.

I do want to say that I think he is a good guy. Just not very organized. I really just want this taken care of and receive all of my parts. Has anyone else experienced this or am I overreacting?

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
I would not call this over reacting at all...

He has clearly led you on and on and on and on!

Have never ordered from them, but after reading this.... this is yet another company I would NEVER do any form of business with!

skipu

Aug 6, 2008
New jersey
i think he will make it right with you ive dealt with him before hes not out to get over on anybody he may just have a little too much on his plate !!

Nov 25, 2011
Kansas
Nope. He told me everything shipped on the 27th but still didn't receive anything. Got the run around all week for a tracking number or confirmation.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I feel your pain, brother.

I sent my gearbox back to the vendor for repairs in September. He keeps telling me he'll get to it, but hasn't yet. My friend needs repairs on his gearbox he purchased from that same vendor. He's been getting the same runaround.

There is absolutely no reason for such behavior.:-||

I won't mention the vendor's name, because half the members here and on the other site are in love with him.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
not really sure what to do. I thought he was a member on here but I guess not.
No, but his cohorts are. They say he does good work and has an excellent product.

Will anyone speak in his behalf at this moment?

Nov 25, 2011
Kansas
I think at this point I have received over five boxes of parts. I am still waiting for the bottom bracket, crankset, chains, shock, tank mounts, proof of origin paperwork, alum engine intake, and a few other random bits. Have not been able to get him on the phone this week. Does anyone know him personally? This has gotten ridiculous.

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
I think at this point I have received over five boxes of parts. I am still waiting for the bottom bracket, crankset, chains, shock, tank mounts, proof of origin paperwork, alum engine intake, and a few other random bits. Have not been able to get him on the phone this week. Does anyone know him personally? This has gotten ridiculous.

November 29th through February 10th is roughly 74 DAYS

How much longer are you going to give this guy a chance????

What in the heck am I missing here???? Over 10 weeks and you still DO NOT HAVE your parts...

STOP ASKING and call the credit card company or Paypal and get your money back, or keep trying to call him for several more months and keep posting the results of getting nothing in return!

Nov 25, 2011
Kansas
another two packages showed up late afternoon yesterday. Got a bottom bracket and a chain drop shipped from someone else on deans behalf. The second package had a goped tank and brackets. Still have not been able to get ahold of him.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
For the record, Dean uses USPS priority mail and it does not offer tracking. The reason why he uses it is because of the cost of shipping which is $13 vs. $45.

I discussed today with Dean and recommend to stop selling rollers due to the fact most issues occur when he does drop shipments thru USPS.
In fact I recently had a shipping incident with priority. The gentleman said he did not receive my package and I shipped it 2 weeks ago and he found out that the package was at the post office because the post man forgot or the pick up slip was lost.

Nipash

Jul 31, 2011
Washington
I'm from Washington and have been looking to order a boXer from Dean for a few months. Also, wierdly, Dean makes other vehicles except he calls them all "boXer". So when I told him I wanted a boXer he said: "Well, do you want the fs-1, the scooter, or the bike". So to clear things up I'm talking about the bike. Anyway, here is a collection of reviews of his services:

• oh, and then there was that guy from the UK that said that Dean gave him an aircooled when he asked for a watercooled. Deanafaker, are you him? (maybe because you used the word "bloke":D)
  • and here's a video about him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGm5LLqmfZs
I do have to say that the reviews seem to be either completely 100% satisfied, or :-||. Anyway, for something costing over $2100 and coming from over 1000 miles away I at least want to be around 90% sure that I'll be getting what I asked for. What do you guys think?