Davenport show...

GoldenMotor.com

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
This year’s show started yesterday...

I’m just heading out for it now and will go again tomorrow morning with my good buddy Bicycle Bill.

Finger's crossed against possible T-storms!

I’ll post pics later this weekend!

-Kirk

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
A little rainy this year!

It came down hard Thursday afternoon, and again middle of the night Friday-

Fortunately I personally missed getting my old hat wet but there were still lots of mud & very large muddy puddles to avoid in every isle...

Never the less another good show!

Imgur album> http://imgur.com/a/v48uY

Seems like the pre WWI motorcycle count was down and a couple of the usual big players were absent. However I believe there were more venders over all from last year and new spaces extended into previously unused parts of the back parking lot. Also a new brand new building was put to use.

And lots & lots of bicycles & Simplex's this year!

In hopes of of taking Excalibur Saturday Bicycle Bill helped me attempt to straighten out the bent forks Friday night. All went well until a discovered badly cracked steerer tube :- (

With the vast expanses of muck it was probably just as well and with a little time on Bill’s lathe later today it should be back together and stronger than ever! I will be using a stout plug made from thick wall dom and a donor 60’s era Schwinn tube for the repairs.

-Kirk

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Davenport 2015-

http://imgur.com/a/iMVGF#9

I wasn’t able to go on Friday this year, typically the best day of the show with the vintage & antique races in the evening. Just Saturday morning and several venders had already left and many more were packing to go.

So I didn’t see as many pre 1915 bikes as usual and noticed prices are up! bikes that were $30-$35K just last year are now seem to be routinely $45K...

-Mr. B.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Ya me to get over there and see some real old iron. Side car on Indina mini bike KOOL. Thanks Mr.B....................Curt

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I'm surprised at 4 vehicles there, one British 125cc Excelsior, one 98cc Alcyon velomoteur from France (can you post it in the European Lightweight pics?), a Velosolex trike and a Messerschmitt bubble car on a trailer. There's going to be a story behind each of them.