Crank bolt small bevel gear

GoldenMotor.com

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I've been searching for a replacement for the slotted bolt ... 8m x 1.0 pitch...

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Thanks I looked everywhere... I need it to compare to some bottom bracket and arbor bolts for saws without tearing a motor down... The ones I've tried so far 3rd and 2nd to last pictures were 6m and 8m left hand thread.... But I think the Shimano is going to be the one...

Attachments

Mossy

May 20, 2022
So I got the gas bike original and the shamano ones and the titanium ordered... Then it's a matter of the length and head size to be worked down to fit... A penny shaved down with a flat edge and the right socket takes the original off....
Honda cylinder studs ;)

Attachments

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Mossy if you find a replacement that is Allen please post it, it's getting harder for me to loosen the slotted type.

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Mossy if you find a replacement that is Allen please post it, it's getting harder for me to loosen the slotted type.
The flange might be a little large and the length might need to be shorter... Not sure if it clears the cover... But it's Allen head and the right thread... There all going to have to be worked but Im going to try the shamano 14mm hex head ones for 3 piece crank.... The saw blade arbor one was perfect just left hand thread.... So I'm done with trying those...

Attachments

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
The flange might be a little large and the length might need to be shorter... Not sure if it clears the cover... But it's Allen head and the right thread... There all going to have to be worked but Im going to try the shamano 14mm hex head ones for 3 piece crank.... The saw blade arbor one was perfect just left hand thread.... So I'm done with trying those...
Have you ever checked ACEhardwhere? .............Curt

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Have you ever checked ACEhardwhere? .............Curt
I haven't looked there... Rockler or a place that specialized in wood working tools would have an arbor bolt the right size and thread... Delta or Porter cable... There's just so many Im just going to make one... Unicycle ones are 15mm length also sunlight ones... I'm waiting on the gasbike replacement to have a sample to go around with...

Mossy

May 20, 2022
What size is the original bolt 8mm x ?
I got a gas bike one and it's a little smaller diameter head than all of them and shorter thread... So it's a matter of tall or short head and I'm leaning towards the shamano because I can get more bite with a socket or grind it down... It has a lock surface on it so with out that star washer it's going to be close If I have to cut something to fit I'd rather have more material to cut and grind... The shamano is graded also 8.8...

Attachments

Mossy

May 20, 2022
The DeWalt didn't fit... Left hand but the head is perfect as suspected... Not Shure how to cut the titanium one... Plenty to work with... So in conclusion The blade bolt 1619X00935 is going to be the one with the least amount of modifications and 1/2" socket... I will use the bottom bracket bolts... NOS. Honda cylinder studs... 8m x1.25 x115mm 66/80cc

Attachments