commuter 4 stroke

GoldenMotor.com

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
after a night's thought and reflection, i wish no one no harm. and good luck to sleepy hollow on his build. now i'll let this dog rest. dennis

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
after a night's thought and reflection, i wish no one no harm
Of course, that is what most of us want who are posting in this thread. The original question of whether that powertrain will be reliable has been answered.

The rest is concern over someone who has a suspended license wanting to ride an obviously illegal motorized bicycle on a trail that does not allow any motorized bicycles on a daily basis. Along with that, the picture posted of the chop job on a Cranbrook was without additional frame supports had people worried.

The OP claims that he is not worried about the legal ramifications and that he has fabbed up extra frame supports. To me, this plan sounds like it will result in legal and bodily harm but I definitely wish you the best, sleepy. I look forward to seeing the final build and hearing your adventures!

cmanns

Jul 1, 2012
Santa Cruz, California
How fast are you planning on riding on the santa ana river trail?
Spandexers will be calling the cops on you and cursing you out.

A 200 cc bike doesn't sound like a good idea for what you are trying to do.

Amtrak, Metrolink will not allow gas powered anything.
Buses aren't even allowed to carry a gas bike on the front.
haha thats how I feel hopping on trails. I try to hit them where there's mostly cruising speeds (downhill and what not) and areas where no people are on my local trails.

sleepy hollow

Apr 28, 2012
huntington beach ca
Im havin an issue, bike run great but my top speed is low, the cvt bogs out the motor at 30 and wont pull. And it wont kick down for hills, cvt out10t js in 14t js out 10t rear wheel44t, that gives me 6.1 any ideas?

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
Sleepy take from me. I'm in the same boat as you suspened license and still need to go to work. Buy a high quality frame, Electra, Felt. Put a HS 49cc on it and wear a helmet and have lights and stay off the trails as much as possible. You'll save yourself a lot of heartache in the end.

...do to my teenage youth and tickets I'm still paying for. my license is suspended for another year...
round trip from the new house to my work is 110 miles...
The local judicial-legal systems in the US are thieves. They don't care about road safety; they simply care about money. But they pretend they are respectable and honorable. They pretend you are the one doing bad. They want you to be repentant, bow before them, and, by the way, empty your pockets please. They don't like people thinking of them as robbers, but that is what they are.

Maybe you did actually do something evil to lose your license, but I doubt it. You probably just fell into one of the money-making traps they set for you.

The guilt-ridden attitude you expressed may possibly be necessary in a courtroom, but don't let it cloud your opinion of yourself.

Forty or so years ago, it was unheard of for a young working person to have lost their license. Now because the little governments have learned profit comes form suspending licenses, suspension is nowadays a rite of passage for someone growing up in the US.

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
I don't know how sleepy does it, but he certainly doesn't care about all the ridicule he's getting from members here. I for one wish him luck. I can't wait to see more pictures, I'm curious as to how you reinforced the frame. It should be one heck of a bike. Although I would hope you get more than 30mph off a 6.5hp motor.

The local judicial-legal systems in the US are thieves. They don't care about road safety; they simply care about money. But they pretend they are respectable and honorable. They pretend you are the one doing bad. They want you to be repentant, bow before them, and, by the way, empty your pockets please. They don't like people thinking of them as robbers, but that is what they are.

Maybe you did actually do something evil to lose your license, but I doubt it. You probably just fell into one of the money-making traps they set for you.

The guilt-ridden attitude you expressed may possibly be necessary in a courtroom, but don't let it cloud your opinion of yourself.

Forty or so years ago, it was unheard of for a young working person to have lost their license. Now because the little governments have learned profit comes form suspending licenses, suspension is nowadays a rite of passage for someone growing up in the US.
Correct. These governments are in the business of kidnapping and holding for ransom. They won't cut off your ear and send it to your loved ones, but their methods aren't much more respectable.