Ruby478

Apr 2, 2011
Dallas,Tx
i bought a CNS V2 and it leaks air like crazy
i know manic mechanic make a view different intakes
which one will works best?

kojak

Feb 2, 2011
The CNS intake, of course. The machined lip mates perfectly with the rubber intake gasket, and you can throw away the ridiculous white spacer.

It's tricky to make it fit but well worth the effort. MM really ought to make some wedge shaped billet intake spacers so we can add a little tilt to the manifold.

Ruby478

Apr 2, 2011
Dallas,Tx
well i have a NT carb and it works alot better seems like i get better response from it im thinking about pairing that up with the billet intake and riding like that

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
The CNS intake, of course. The machined lip mates perfectly with the rubber intake gasket, and you can throw away the ridiculous white spacer.

It's tricky to make it fit but well worth the effort. MM really ought to make some wedge shaped billet intake spacers so we can add a little tilt to the manifold.
I got that intake, too. I couldn't figure out why the hole was so small so I clamped it in my machinists vice and drilled the hole out a bunch, I'll have it off later and I'll up-date this but it's like 13/16th's of an inch now. It was the same as the stock ones, just over half an inch(I'll up-date that, too) I had to open the port a wee bit too.

I also radius'd the edges and removed the machining marks. I have read of billet intakes breaking. When aluminum breaks it's often from what are called stress risers, sharp edges where a crack can form. Removing them removes the stress point. Even though the part is slightly lighter it is actually able to handle the vibrations that cause the cracks from hammering up and down on the end of a barely supported tube. If there's room spacing the carb from the intake with a plastic or rubber tube adds shock absorption where there is none. Most of the weight on my intake and carb is being held by zip-ties around the plastic tube and tied to the seat post.:-||

Ruby478

Apr 2, 2011
Dallas,Tx
kojak i think im goin to to that and try it out im also going to order the boost bottle kit just to try it out do some test of my own then post results