Chrome Venice Stretch

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Here's my next personal bike... it's Dyno stretch limo with 24" wheels. This is just a pre-build pic; There's gonna be many changes made... I'm hoping to get it built in time for the next LA ride!!
I wanna make a in-frame tank, but I really don't think that's gonna happen soon enough...
I'm also hoping that the sprocket I ordered from Jim will get here in time.
It's also gonna get one of my front disc brakes! ;)

Last edited:

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Norm, I have to admit your bikes are definitily "So Cal" I won't build something like that around here because I wouldn't be able to sell it unless I shipped it to the West coast. Certainly not saying that is bad, it's just the difference in what people want in this part of the country. No beaches around here to cruise by, just a bunch of fricken snow.

John

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Hey!! That looks like my next project.... Still getting all the parts gathered up (stalking the mail man). I have a pair of 19" apes as well.

How do you secure the fork if you remove the spring? I've seen extended crowns that lower the front end 3 inches but, I haven't seen springs to match.

Attachments

Last edited:

longhair

Mar 24, 2009
eagle rock
Here's my next personal bike... it's Dyno stretch limo with 24" wheels. This is just a pre-build pic; There's gonna be many changes made... I'm hoping to get it built in time for the next LA ride!!
I wanna make a in-frame tank, but I really don't think that's gonna happen soon enough...
I'm also hoping that the sprocket I ordered from Jim will get here in time.
It's also gonna get one of my front disc brakes! ;)

Now your talkin! Our L.A. crew needs to expand our stretch MB Set. We're 4 strong amoung about another 17 Regular MBs. Get er done Bro..shft.

raneyd

Doug in Wyoming
May 16, 2008
I always admire your work and will look forward to pictures on the progress of this project.

Appreciate you taking the time to put the pictures out there, it gives the rest of us a lot of great ideas.

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Hey!! That looks like my next project.... Still getting all the parts gathered up (stalking the mail man). I have a pair of 19" apes as well.

How do you secure the fork if you remove the spring? I've seen extended crowns that lower the front end 3 inches but, I haven't seen springs to match.

My plan, was to use one of those extended crowns (or make extensions) & cut the spring...
I prefer the look of the standard fork when it's been lowered over the look of a lowrider fork.

Incase you guys haven't figured it out yet... It's all about looks for me! :D

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
My plan, was to use one of those extended crowns (or make extensions) & cut the spring...
I prefer the look of the standard fork when it's been lowered over the look of a lowrider fork.

Incase you guys haven't figured it out yet... It's all about looks for me! :D
So the spring remains the same just the arm's are extended back...I think I get it now!!

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
Norm, I have to admit your bikes are definitily "So Cal" I won't build something like that around here because I wouldn't be able to sell it unless I shipped it to the West coast. Certainly not saying that is bad, it's just the difference in what people want in this part of the country. No beaches around here to cruise by, just a bunch of fricken snow.

John
Nice Ride Venice, I know when your done it will look Bad A s but as John said! You definately have the skills to pay the bills! Good Work!

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Here's what I got done today...
I got a SBP expansion pipe & chopped it up & welded it together, & then I finished the front disc brake & a few other little items.
Now all thats left to do is wire the CDI & finish lowering the front fork! (It's also gonna get a in-frame tank, but thats a few months down the road!!)